What do you like about your car the most?

-
I love my car and would never sell it, like Tony its a manual steering car which cruises, hits the corners and there's nothing like it in my neck of the woods. I also like that I've only used the tow tabs once and that was twenty years ago...
cars003.jpg

What do you like about your car the most?

It is mine!!! and always will be :cheers: memike don't be selling my gifts :D

The power, how its easy to work on, how its SAFER if I was to hit something. How its more roomer and conformable

How registration fee and insurance is cheaper then the 2008 car

the thing i like most about my car is that no matter how depressed i might be all i have to do is take it out for a ride. The sound, response from the accelerator and the waves, thumbs up, smiles, and "nice car"s i get make the world a wonderful place, and all my worries/troubles disappear! :)
x2

Two things:

1. That Mother Mopar built it.
2. It was originally an Alpine White /6 three speed car that has been taken apart and now I can build it to be mine!

Long Live MOPAR!!!!!

The best thing was even though almost 50 years old still started up every single time and always got me where I needed to go.

The COLOR! It matches the one I owned out of high school and the wife and
I got married in.
People hate the color. GM and Ford owners that is.
I own the red headed, green eyed step child and I love it.

lol the other day i went to put in a friends new stove and when she came out side and said my car was blinding her lol

And a push button console to boot!!!!

You obviously have a heck of a lot of time, effort, and money into that girl, something (unless I "find" a lotto ticket) will never have!!

Well my Mopar isn't built yet so it's my 64 Riv that I must comment on, I'm sure other similar vintage vehicles are the same. It's the smell inside, an old car in nice shape just has a very unique smell to it, smells great :D

That i can sit in my non running dart and smile. Knowing when its done. I will be one bad sum ***** and not another like it will be around. Im really hoping to be able gamble some suckers to racing for cash.

But truth is. Ive wanted a post dart like this for over 25 years. Now i got it. Its not going anywhere even though i say it will.

Pistol grip 4 speed and airgrabber hood makes it alot of fun to drive.

Attachments

• roadrunner%2520ebay%2520pics%2520%252845%2529[1].jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 113
67Dart273, I actually bought this Black Signet totally original with 62,000 miles in the late 80's for 1550 dollars, rust free from an elderly lady who owned it since new out of New York when I had my shop there. Mostly built this from 3 other A-Bodies I had laying around and many new parts I had bought for different projects. On the following day after I got it, a friend and myself removed the engine, trans, rear, front spindles, hood, windshield to remove dash and electrical system and within ten days and nights put it all back together. Ron Francis wiring system, roller 318 with dual quads, 727, 8.75 rear, front discs and 65 Barracuda hood and dash which was already to go as another friend built for me. As far as how it sits today, the only thing I added is the shaker and a roller 360, 4th LA engine. Before I left New York, it was on its 3rd engine a roller 340 and I was only in NY for five years. The amount of work, engines and fabrication that was accomplished came from friends, quick thinking and trades for my work as a designer and pinstriper. The amount of money wasn't even a thought as others were quite satisfied helping me out and that went both ways. The push button shifters case was built by a friend who built custom Harleys and I was his pinstriper, the dash was built by Don Ives another pinstriper from Connecticut who had a mini machine shop in his apartment where he lives. It was a crazy time and it all came together with all my crazy friends. I actually had a beautiful black 65 Barracuda which I drove to NY from California and a 66 Valiant 2 door with the roller 318 etc, the engine in it actually broke the front sub frame a week before I acquired this Signet and I wasn't finished chopping the top on my 65, I cut out 7 inches out of the top and sunk the top into the rear quarters another 7 inches, hard to explain but the Barracuda looked like it was done at the factory without a trunk and the top was almost to my stomach, I'm 6'4" tall..

Anyways, This is what it looks like today and I appreciate that you, Tony and others like it... Here's the trunk with its 22 gallon fuel cell and battery, BTW the Signet weighs a little over 2500 pounds. I have new engine and trans plans for it but at my age I hopefully will have the time and energy to put all together and if I do, you'll all be questioning my choice and probably dislike me for it as I already have a LS1 and Tremac 6 speed for it
cars012.jpg

Like most about my car is that it's only one of two that I've seen in Colorado Springs.....the other one, I'm told by a friend, was just recently getting rigged to a tow truck. It's frickin ugly on top of that....white, rusty, with NEON GREEN painted steelies.
Also, no one I work with really likes the body style....(Grandma car) is what i'm constantly told.
Didn't really like the car at first, but really wanted an A-body and it's what I could afford at the moment. Now it's grown on me, and my wife :) Every time I threaten to sell it, she says she'll kill me if I do. Lol :)

-
Back