what do you think i should do

-

shafer

Reaction score
View attachment i16326.jpg

this is my 1969 dart custom i bought off the original owner 3 years ago, i have been restoring it on my own. I have tryed to keep it stock looking. while i like stock , part of me wants to put on ralleys, and add the gts hood and black out the grille like a gts- but i dont want to loose the side moldings. it now had a green top reinstalled with moldings and 1969 hubcaps. it has 318 which i am changing to a 4bbl set up with red air cleaner, and has dual exhaust. Do you think this car would look ok with powerbulge hood and ralleys with all the chrome down the sides. i am open to ideas

color y2 sunfire yellow
f8 top 2tone f8 interior

This is allways a tuff question to ask, so, build it the way ya want it to look and perform.
Save the old parts.

My cousin had a 100% stock/restored GMC pickup. He said that it was the most boring truck/car he ever had. I know it would get boring to me......... I think it would anyways.

yeah stock can be boring, thinking about using stock parts to give a muscle carlook. anyone have a custom done like this, luv to see pix.

Actually it would be kinda cool to see a GTS look alike with the side trim. Because after all, even the stock performance look gets boring after a while.

buy a chevy.... WAIT WHAT? errrr never mind build one helluva A BODY

I think it would look nasty.You should just sell it to me.Just kiddin I think it would look perty cool.

Thats what muscle cars were about. Performance and making them what you want them be. It's not about production numbers and 100% original parts. Leave that crap for the full scale model collectors. I wouldn't go do any serious hacking on it to make some Pro Stock looking car or anything. But bolt on and paint whatever you want.

Thats what muscle cars were about. Performance and making them what you want them be. It's not about production numbers and 100% original parts. Leave that crap for the full scale model collectors. I wouldn't go do any serious hacking on it to make some Pro Stock looking car or anything. But bolt on and paint whatever you want.

no cutting will be done - i intend on it being all mopar one day when the 318 gets weak i will build a 360

JMO.....I think you have some great ideas there. Your not changing the car radically........Pretty much stock items and if you want to do mare go for it. Im in the same boat. I feel as long as someone nows its a Dart in and around the era it is then..............Great job on my part....after all...its your car.:toothy10:

JMO.....I think you have some great ideas there. Your not changing the car radically........Pretty much stock items and if you want to do mare go for it. Im in the same boat. I feel as long as someone nows its a Dart in and around the era it is then..............Great job on my part....after all...its your car.:toothy10:
ty for the imput i am in agreeance

I vote modern wheels and tires that are still meaty. Dont mod anything you cant put back to stock. Like you said no cutting, no hacking. Enhance and tighten the suspension with out going overboard with complex parts. Then put 323 posi in er, shift kit, stock stall converter, quality factory type electronic ig. 350 - 400 horse power small block 340 or 360, awesome exhaust, and start hauling ***, passing everyone except the gas station! Run good insurance. Save all your factory stuff in case some one wants to give you ten billion dollars for the car restored.
(My opinion)

I vote modern wheels and tires that are still meaty. Dont mod anything you cant put back to stock. Like you said no cutting, no hacking. Enhance and tighten the suspension with out going overboard with complex parts. Then put 323 posi in er, shift kit, stock stall converter, quality factory type electronic ig. 350 - 400 horse power small block 340 or 360, awesome exhaust, and start hauling ***, passing everyone except the gas station! Run good insurance. Save all your factory stuff in case some one wants to give you ten billion dollars for the car restored.
(My opinion)
i lke you thought process: however, i have got to keep this thing low budget. I already have $6000 in it and i dont think a custom will be worth a lot what do you guys think? I am limited on wheels because of chrysler's stupid small bolt pattern,and low rear wheel well clearance I would love to upgrade the wheels

I don't think your car looks boring. I would love to have a car that looked liked that. I would raise the torsion bars ad some super stock rear leafs, puts some fatties on the back and skinnies up front using the same wheels and dog dish caps or finding some red line dog caps, and some nice duels and deep sounding mufflers. kind of an old school street fighter look. But thats just my vision, because I like to keep thing simple and affordable. I have right around $5000 in my duster. 360/727/8n 3/4/391s. This hobby doesn't have to put you in the pour house.

go for it! ralleys look good on all mopars, just keep your stock hood in case you decide to change it back

I would put the buldge hood on it, and a set of black steelies with dodge red line dog dish caps.

i think i am opting for white letter tires ralleys soon I have a thread looking a set,
just trying to make sure i can afford them. anyone who can help? mine are sbp

hood at later date b/c i think that hood i want w/ the inserts is going to be super expensive

Ive been looking for a reasonably priced power bulge hood for my 69 . Hope you have better luck than I do, I cant pay 500-1000 for a hood.

-
Back