What do you think of this eBay auction?

-
I can understand your reluctance about anything on ebay but this one seems pretty real to me. I rarely see these cars and to find one in this apparently excellent condition is even more rare. Final price will depend on who wants the thing more so, it could get even higher in price.

I just can't believe some of these eBay sellers. This car was bid up to $9,099 ('WAY OVER its market value), but the bids didn't meet the reserve! I'll bet there was some shill bidding going on here. Either that or I guess the seller likes to pay eBay listing fees unnecessarily. I really think eBay is getting to be a joke.

Well looks nice, alittle over the top for a V-200.

Some add ons, the Valiant "V" in the grille is upside down.

Later Model AC compressor, And I don't think is a Cool Aire my 64 Barracuda is alot different, I have seen the SEARS model with the knobs in the middle like that. All the A/C lines are hose clamped not crimped fittings thinking its all aftermarket.

Bumper guard in the front is different. Didn't know that was how the Signets had theres, I have never seen a 62 Signet.

Not a bad driver in my opinion, way over book but if you have the scratch....

Yes, that's what I thought, '64Fish. Definitely over-restored. There never was a V-200 with Signet trim, or vice versa. That upside-down Signet emblem on the grille just confirms it. And I do not believe that front bumper guard was a factory option. The factory original bumper guards were two small individual ones on each bumper. Somebody is trying to concoct a car that never was, and claim it is original. There's nothing wrong with concocting a "never-never land" Valiant; in fact, that's what I've done myself, but I would never claim that it is original.

YES, that bumper piece was an option-- on the 61 cars at least--- not sure about a 62---(why not) I have an old manual that pictures this piece-- I'll have to dig it out to see if I have a part number.
Lawrence

-
Back