What do you think this 70 Duster is worth?

-

a34

The Etowah Flash
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Ran across this Duster for sale and was wondering what you think it's worth. I've been looking for a Demon for my son, but this Duster caught my eye.

It is painted Lime Green with 340 stripes down the side. Paint looks fair, Chrome is tired. Will need weatherstripping. Wrong mirrors on doors, looks like some sort of Walmart purchase. Some kind of aftermarket wheel on it, probably got from Wally World too. Wheels are big bolt in rear, small bolt in front. Has a fuel cell, 8 1/4 rear with 2.91. 318 with supposed 340 crank, rods and pistons. Edelbrock performer heads, aluminum intake, holley carb. 727 trans with reverse valve body and B&M shifter in floor. Column shifter still there. Interior looks tired. Typical faded instrument cluster. Bench seat, originally a slant 6 car.

Gonna try and go back and drive it this weekend, unless his settlement check for his big toe comes in, and he catches up on his child support and decides to keep it. At least that's what he told me.

Whatcha think? 10K? 12K? 2k?

pitch 2200.00 if the body is okay, but if its wavy. dont go over 1400

I'm sure you've heard the story before, I've got $5K in the engine alone, $1500 in the interior, $2800 in the paint (oh, wow, big money), etc. Which is very possible, but that doesn't yield a $15K car.

LOL, yeah probably. He tried to put the squeeze on me telling me that he thought I was the guy wanting to put a deposit on it. He went on to say that the guy had been pressuring him to take a deposit for 3 weeks, but he wanted all the cash at once.

I was thinking 3 weeks huh? Yeah, OK. I wish I could have recorded the conversation. He was quite the character. I don't think I've heard the "F" word so many times in a single conversation.

Anyway, if it's still available when I get time, I'm gonna arrange to give it a thorough going over. I have a sneaky suspicion it's a rusty pile full of bondo and a probably a dog of an engine. But, you don't know for sure until you spend some time with it.

Thanks for the input fellas.

-
Back