what does it mean?

-
R/T?

How about "Rani's Thunder" or "Rani's Trophy"? :)
You certainly have a winning attitude!

Any chance of optioning it with a 440, like was standard on B-Body R/T's?

oh yeah, you bet .....it has to live up to the name .....i dont have HEMI to go behind the grille emblem but i sure do have a 440 to go in.

like the old commercial says ..."new for 68, the dodge Coronet R/T with four hundred and forty cubic inches of V8 Power"

It was nuts in the late 60's/early 70's. larger v8s in Valiants and Darts. Then 340's in them. I bought a new 70 Duster(still have it) for $2400. A 340 4 speed was $2100, but we couldn't afford the insurance.

Then, a light Belvedere with a big block? The road Runner. Coronets with BB's? Bees. Hard to keep up with those combos; took out all the Cameros and Mustangs for awhile. Poor Cudas; BB, exhaust too restrictive.

Heck, with a 318 manual 3 speed 3.23 open, I could beat 396 Chevelles, the 350 hp ones. and alot of other stuff; finally could afford a 340 to put in it- new world.

GTX = Grand Touring Experimental

My first car was a 1969 Plymouth Belvedere taxicab model (with the 4 doors), that i bought in 1974 for $200. It had the slant six engine and even though it was rated at a mere 130 HP, it still blew the doors off many cars on the road. (Ask me if I road raced ;-))

GTX = Grand Touring Experimental

My first car was a 1969 Plymouth Belvedere taxicab model (with the 4 doors), that i bought in 1974 for $200. It had the slant six engine and even though it was rated at a mere 130 HP, it still blew the doors off many cars on the road. (Ask me if I road raced ;-))

i think many a mopar fanatic under estimate the slant six .....when you compare it to the other detroit six cylinder offerings of the time ....the chrylser slant six was a heck of an engine ....durable ...can hardly kill them and actually had some power

i think 2.76 gears is what usually killed the fun more than anything else LOL

A little o/t, but this thread reminded me of an older neighbor years ago. He was a kind of a backwoods car jockey. He traded for a '65 Dart GT 273, 4 speed. He told me a few days later that he figured out what the "GT' stood for; 'Got Took'. I still chuckle thinking about it.
Dallas

-
Back