What electric do you run?

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I’ll start off by saying, I understand mechanical oil pressure gauge is what you have run for 30 years with no issues.

I want to run an electrical 3 gauge set up. My main reason is because of the water temp gauge and not being able to install it in the proper location. I saw some Equus gauges that are all electric but I know nothing about that company. So what electric gauges are you all running?

Juz' sayin but many guys have "fixed" the mechanical temp gauge issue by running an aftermarket thermostat housing spacer, which can be had with a side tap to mount mechanical sensor. Several people make them, I'm thinking Moroso.

An example

THERMOSTAT SPACER, BRODIX HV SERIES INTAKES

63433zoom_part.png

Unless you are doing scientific experiments any electronic gauge will be good to go.

Maybe it reads 195 when it is actually 197.

Who cares!

Most cars with stock gauges have run for over 100 years that way and we have all survived.

:lol:

Unless you are doing scientific experiments any electronic gauge will be good to go.

Maybe it reads 195 when it is actually 197.

Who cares!

Most cars with stock gauges have run for over 100 years that way and we have all survived.

:lol:

Im more concerned about the oil pressure. I’ve already smoked one engine. Don’t want to do that again.

You can easily check gauge accuracy. Air supply and a pressure regulator, and a good mechanical gauge. If you have a decent compression tester, use that.

I don't know what you meant by "braided lines." What I posted goes on the manifold, under the stat housing. You should not have to change any hoses

You can easily check gauge accuracy. Air supply and a pressure regulator, and a good mechanical gauge. If you have a decent compression tester, use that.

On that spacer you sent. I see that and a ton of other spacers will fit big block Chryslers and chevys. Will they also work on an LA small block?

I don't know about that particular part number. You will have to do your research. You are aware? or not? that there was a t stat size and bolt c-c spacing change at some point in SB Mopars?

Also, why not just run a mech oil if you are concerned about that? No need to run "all one" or "all the other" particularly

I have a l6 AMC I just got, that will have to have an electric water temp gauge. Wow they are expensive!! I can find nothing for less than what $95!! Probably will go to Feebay and look for a used unit!

-
Back