what equipment do I need to post videos to the forums

-

AJ/FormS

68 Formua-S fastback clone 367/A833/GVod/3.55s
Reaction score
South-Central Manitoba,Canada, 900ftelevation
Say I was thinking of doing a video or two this winter, and to post 4-sale items;
I would like to know what camera gear I need, and how to interface it with this Lap-top, to send it to this forum. I need the "Easy-Button" way, cuz I find that as I'm getting older, my patience is wearing thin.
For you guys that have done this, what are the dos and donts.
Please guys, I'm retired now and on a limited budget, try to keep it affordable for me.

Make a YouTube account if you don't have one, upload your video there, then copy the link and post it over here. It's that simple.

You can't. You have to find a place to host them, like YewToobe, and then link them here. The basics are you need some sort of camera, and now the options are endless, because almost any smart phone (which I do not use) can take decent videos.

You upload the thing to your computer, and from there upload it to the whatever website you are going to use to host

I AM NOT IN ANY WAY endorsing nor recommending YewToobe

Say I was thinking of doing a video or two this winter, and to post 4-sale items;
I would like to know what camera gear I need, and how to interface it with this Lap-top, to send it to this forum. I need the "Easy-Button" way, cuz I find that as I'm getting older, my patience is wearing thin.
For you guys that have done this, what are the dos and donts.
Please guys, I'm retired now and on a limited budget, try to keep it affordable for me.
You Tube or a link to another video format.

I find posting pics here, if taken with my smart phone or tablet, ridiculously easy. Good thing, cause Im old and not good at this stuff.
The above advice about videos is good, I guess.
I have no you tube account, so no videos from me.

Forget the expensive camera equipment and just use your Smartphone. And then open up a Youtube account. Easy and effective.

Make a YouTube account if you don't have one, upload your video there, then copy the link and post it over here. It's that simple.
I'm assuming
"your video"
means using a smart phone?
which
Thanks but I got no phone and likely never will.

EDIT
Thanks guys for the help.
I get it now.
Next question;
I keep hearing U-Tube, and/or "another video format."
What are some of those other options?

Last edited:
I'm assuming
"your video"
which
I'm not technically savvy, but I'm betting you can do it from your computer.
I've got a laptop and desk top, probably haven't turned either one on in years.

I'm assuming
"your video"
which
You will have to take a video with a digital camera, load it onto your computer, and send it to You Tube. Taking a vid with your phone saves a step.

Someone got an old smartphone to send him.
I bet he'll trade for a part you're looking for .lol
Now there's an idea.......
But then I'd have to kill myself cuz I have been eschewing cellphones since the first ones came out. If the phone, without my consent, sends out information about me or my location, who I am talking to, or what I spend my money on; NO THANKS.
I now know to acquire a digital camera, so that's the way Ima thinking of going.
Hey!
I bet this Laptop has a digital camera, I'll check.

Now there's an idea.......
But then I'd have to kill myself cuz I have been eschewing cellphones since the first ones came out. If the phone, without my consent, sends out information about me or my location, who I am talking to, or what I spend my money on; NO THANKS.
I now know to acquire a digital camera, so that's the way Ima thinking of going.
Hey!
I bet this Laptop has a digital camera, I'll check.

I only have 1 cell phone, it's in a drawer in my motorhome, lol.
I believe, but really have no idea, but the camera part of the phone doesnt need a phone line, you just plug it into your desktop and shift pix over to your desktop.
Someone with far more knowledge than me will likely chime in.I use a Tablet to wifi.
Hopefully someone's likely got an outdated cell sitting in a drawer.

No Smartphone? How does one turn on their house alarm? Vacuum cleaner? Car? Pay bills? Check the weather? Just to name a few.:poke:

No Smartphone? How does one turn on their house alarm? Vacuum cleaner? Car? Pay bills? Check the weather? Just to name a few.:poke:
You are too funny.
I'm retired, and too broke to go anywhere. lol.
I don't have a house alarm,
My wife owns the vacuum cleaner,
The car is like a few feet from the back door,
I go to town once a week for groceries, and any errands, and banking if needed once a month,
To check the weather, if I care, I just look thru a window.
Just to name a few, :poke:

I'm assuming
"your video"
which

EDIT
Thanks guys for the help.
I get it now.
Next question;
I keep hearing U-Tube, and/or "another video format."
What are some of those other options?
Make sound like a villain!

Yeah, I posted that at work, and the service is hit or miss, and I couldn't edit my post. But like @toolmanmike said, you can use a digital camera, even an old one is usually good enough for what you want to do.

Even an old cell phone would work, and you'd never need to have service, you just want the camera and it downs t require any service other than the battery working.

But either way, it's still simple.

Buy or borrow any recording device that takes a sim card. I assume you have a computer with a sim card slot, if not you can get a USB device with a sim card slot. Take the video and put the sim card into your computer. Download (or is it upload?) the file to the computer drive.

Go get you a Youtube account, make it private. Follow the instruction on the site to upload videos. If you link the video to here you can still keep all the strangers from the internets from seeing it in a Youtube search.

Other video hosing sites are Vimeo & Photobucket?

Pawn shops usually have many old note pads, you may want to see if one can suit your needs......

-
Back