What fits?

-

OhioMopar

Reaction score
Often wondered this, but what size tire can you get under the back of an uncut quarter, non-relocated spring '69 Dart? The Wheel Guy(?) In Indiana (I think) had a set of small bolt pattern steelies that were 15x7 or 15x8. Can't remember. Think a 275/60/15 would fit with the right backspacing without rubbing?
I have asked a similar question before, somewhere, and got sent to Bigblockdart.com and many other places, but most talk about tubbed, mini-tubbed or trimmed lips on the quarter, springs relocated, ect. Looking for someone who stuffed as much tire under his(her) Dart without cutting...
Thanks!

I'm running 275/60/15 tires in the back of my 73 dart. had to roll the lip on one side a bit. this is with police rims and an A body 8 3/4.

275s are a tough fit. if you want to just slam tires on rims and do nothing i suggest going a bit smaller. with a bit of love and the rite back space 275s should fit.

I don't wanna slam anything on. I was asking to get an idea of what backspace, rim size, tire size everyone was using because I know there is enough knowledge on this site to answer all my questions! I am fine with going less than 275's, it was just what I used on my Coronet and I think I have a couple off of rims laying around.

in my 68 dart i have 235/75-15 indy 500's... they fit well

i had to roll the lip for some slicks i borrowed, but my new ones i got were a 11" section width that wuldn't fit...

so you can figure a 10 section width will be good... and 28" is the max... so i think a 255/60 would be perfect...

Amazingly the car still has its original quarters, just trying not to hack on them if I don't have to! Rolling the lip probably wouldn't hurt if I decide I MUST slam the biggest tires possible on there.

I have 245/60/14 on my 69 Dart.Not sure of backspace.I did have to roll the lips a little........................Jeff

-
Back