What have I gotten myself into?

-
8.5 wide with 6inches of bs??? your goning to run out of clearence to the tire to fender clearence turning.. ther rack and pinion will have more travel. look at the pics of the saleen wheels i had on the car and they hit the fenders b4 the rack was out of stroke. 26in tire 18x8.5 with 6in BS. your gona have to bring in the lower A arm as far as possible. whats the rear tire 295 what?

5" backspace. Already checked the steering sweep and I have clearance all the way in full stroke at any height minus full compression. How often will I be at full compression? I'm tight at 2" compression but I have room. Its only a 26.8" tall tire.

The rear is a 295/40/20 and its going to look like a circus contorsionist act getting them off to do brakes or change a tire. .

Unbolt the coil overs and and the upper link bars and the tires will fall right out. Don't ask me how I know :D

Yep that the way I was thinking. Gonna look into being able to slide my calipers off with the wheels on too. Either that of some kind of quick release brake line in the rear.

Yep that the way I was thinking. Gonna look into being able to slide my calipers off with the wheels on too. Either that of some kind of quick release brake line in the rear.

Of course that is with the rear up in the air on jack stands and a jack under the third member to let it all com down to the ground! I just did it like that when I pulled the Rear end back out of mine a few weeks ago. Got the tires out and then unbolted the lower link bars and slid the complete rear out from under the car. Doing this stuff by yourself gets freaky sometimes!

Of course that is with the rear up in the air on jack stands and a jack under the third member to let it all com down to the ground! I just did it like that when I pulled the Rear end back out of mine a few weeks ago. Got the tires out and then unbolted the lower link bars and slid the complete rear out from under the car. Doing this stuff by yourself gets freaky sometimes!

Yeah I thankfully have a lift at the shop to use.

I also have some minor hidden mods I'm going to be doing. My lip is rolled completely on my fenders too.

How about rear quarter wheel "cutouts" on hinges. That would really blow everyone's mind. :)

I'm very sorry if that becomes another project for you. :D

Dang I hate being slow all the time.
At least I won't have to live with the guilt if you find a way to do it.

Dang I hate being slow all the time.
At least I won't have to live with the guilt if you find a way to do it.

Just split the trunk in the center and attach the quarters to the trunk. Then you can open the whole side quarter panel like a Mercedes Gull Wing door. That would be hilarious \\:D/

8.5 wide with 6inches of bs??? your goning to run out of clearence to the tire to fender clearence turning.. ther rack and pinion will have more travel. look at the pics of the saleen wheels i had on the car and they hit the fenders b4 the rack was out of stroke. 26in tire 18x8.5 with 6in BS. your gona have to bring in the lower A arm as far as possible. whats the rear tire 295 what?

After further investigation your dead on at full lock I will only have about 1/2" of clearance so I will be pulling my fenders out a slight bit.

So I threw the grille on to see what it looked like

IMAG0419_zpsa15f7b5a.jpg

IMAG0420_zps5cbdc48e.jpg

IMAG0421_zps69fca205.jpg

And Full lock at ride height
IMAG0409_zpsa2aa3ca9.jpg

Tight fit on the rears, I had to move the rear end back an inch
IMAG0393_zpsa3d39f2b.jpg

I hear that on the refresher course..... I sometimes go back and look at my own threads to see how much work I have done to get myself going again.

!!!!!! Damn man, words cant describe the difference! Awesome job! Im defiantly subscribed!!!!!!

-
Back