What heads are these???

-
I don't even see the right head bolt config. Motor home?? Whats up with the water jacket in the front?

Either a scam and/or the guy doesn't know what he is talking about or what he has!

The manufacturer has ISO/TS16949 cert and they are on the AVL /approved vendor list/ of the KIA and Hyundai.

Material : cast iron
Packaging : wood boxes
Weight:2x26 kg

It could vey well be an import 4 cyl. head and it looks like aluminum, not cast iron!
Grammer sound like from a foreigner.

NZ...New Zealand.

Says "Aftermarket head" so God only knows. Could be a generic pic, could be something absolutely bizzarro (industrial/marine), whatever- it is in New Zealand, doubt anybody would want to put the effort in to sort this out.

Scratch that, just noticed the original post. It's a Kiwi as well, so yeah, somebody is there putting in the effort. Stupid Yank, eh? (that'd be me!)

1---It's a 4 cylinder head

2--pretty sure it's a pushrod (as opposed to OHC)

3--uses spark plug tubes

Not a Pintoed 1600

Not a GM 2.0

Not a Suzuki

MIGHT be a Toyota 2.2

NEW%20TOYOTA%20VAN%20FORKLIFT%202.2%20OHV%203YEC%204YEC%20CYLINDER%20HEAD-1.jpg

Toyota FORK LIFT ENGINE???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-2-2-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc0aeeade&vxp=mtr

The ebay head:

$%28KGrHqZHJBYE7%29%29k50nbBPCThBhJEw~~60_12.JPG

The head in question, lets turn it upside down:

Attachments

• 237105989_full.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 518
Cheers guys.
Upon closer inspection, they don't even look like they're crossflow. They remind me of K series toyota heads with their spark plug tubes.

KEWL SITE THO that looks like the same head by the rocker set up anyways and valve configuration

I actually asked the seller what the story was, and he withdrew the auction before it closed. Unlike Ebay, it's much less common for sellers to post a generic picture when selling stuff there.

The seller has relisted them, this time with the correct picture.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=530215497
I didn't know that the Chinese were casting heads in iron as well?

Well it's closer, but it's still not right. The picture shows a magnum style head but the description says it's for a 1973 360. Magnum's didn't come out until 92 so he's way off with the description. And how about that price!:shock: You can get a set of aftermarket heads completely assembled for less than that.

Our dollar only buys $0.80 of yours. But I get your point.
I mentioned in passing to a mate of mine off (With a really sweet turbo SBM valiant) that my dad had just ordered a pair of RHS's off Brian. He told me that apparently they're cast here in NZ. Then he sent me some pictures he took at the foundry.
Which is brings me to another odd story. Dad recently went to Aussie for a holiday. In conjunction with bringing back a reproduction tail door skin for his Valiant ute, and some rear quarter repair panels, (As check in luggage lol) he visited a mopar oriented parts/workshop. The bloke there reckoned the RHS heads were cast in Aussie. Maybe they're cast on both sides of the Tasman?

Our dollar only buys $0.80 of yours. But I get your point.
I mentioned in passing to a mate of mine off (With a really sweet turbo SBM valiant) that my dad had just ordered a pair of RHS's off Brian. He told me that apparently they're cast here in NZ. Then he sent me some pictures he took at the foundry.
Which is brings me to another odd story. Dad recently went to Aussie for a holiday. In conjunction with bringing back a reproduction tail door skin for his Valiant ute, and some rear quarter repair panels, (As check in luggage lol) he visited a mopar oriented parts/workshop. The bloke there reckoned the RHS heads were cast in Aussie. Maybe they're cast on both sides of the Tasman?

I forgot to take into account the dollar diff. That puts them into perspective. I do remember hearing their cast in either NZ or Aussie, can't remember which one though:-k. If your wanting a set it'd definetly be worth looking into buying them locally. Probably save you a bundle.

The one's I've posted Aren't RHS. They're from China.
I'd say whomever the Masport foundry is casting the RHS heads for (Indy?) would drop them like a dirty nappy if they were selling them elsewhere.
I wasn't aware that the Chinese were casting Iron SBM heads. But then again, there's plenty I don't know.

According to Indy's web site, their products are "USA Made". I have to conclude because they sell "naked" cylinder heads, that the casting and machine work is done in the US. If someone knows differently, shout out. I've had some bad experiences personally and professionally with Chinese metallurgy and machine work.

Well it's closer, but it's still not right. The picture shows a magnum style head but the description says it's for a 1973 360. Magnum's didn't come out until 92 so he's way off with the description. And how about that price!:shock: You can get a set of aftermarket heads completely assembled for less than that.

If these guys can't get closer (to correct) than this in two tries, makes ya wonder what is actually gonna show up in the box LOL

I don't know what they are but the X#@*% Chinese will duplicate anything they can to make a buck and screw us Westerners over with sub-standard stuff anytime they can.

My first thought was Iron Ram heads, but those are cast in Australia or New Zealand also, aren't they? The Indy/RHS heads have the logo cast into them Don't know what the newest ones have since Indy and RHS are no longer partners with those heads.

If these guys can't get closer (to correct) than this in two tries, makes ya wonder what is actually gonna show up in the box LOL

Yeah.........but there IS a six month warranty.
So you'll have that going for you. :D

LOL, ain't that the truth!

I don't know what they are but the X#@*% Chinese will duplicate anything they can to make a buck and screw us Westerners over with sub-standard stuff anytime they can.

My first thought was Iron Ram heads, but those are cast in Australia or New Zealand also, aren't they? The Indy/RHS heads have the logo cast into them Don't know what the newest ones have since Indy and RHS are no longer partners with those heads.

Yes they will and your right that it's generally a crappy product.

Yep the EQ Iron Rams are the ones that I've read about that are cast in Aussie, or NZ. Not sure where the RHS heads are cast. They sure look a lot like the EQ heads side by side.

-
Back