What hood is this on my 1969 Barracuda?

-

Competition

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm still pretty new to A bodies and Mopars in general. I've seen this hood on a few other cars, and was wondering where it came from, or if it was stock, or what? It is still as well. Also what's an appropriate value for it? Thanks.

1544514_10201898728896463_7928403890319544661_n.jpg

10155732_10201898735656632_7930230310024842857_n.jpg

As far as value I'm sure somebody will chime in about that. But I think those hoods came on some 73 darts. The hoods interchange on 73 darts and 69 barracudas.

If you ever want to unload it, look me up!
Your car looks terrific.

If you ever want to unload it, look me up!
Your car looks terrific.

I just ordered a new Glasstek hood for it, so I'm trying to decide if I should sell this current or hang it up in the garage and hang onto it. Shipping a steel hood would be a pain though.

I ran a hood off of a 73 Dart Sport on my cuda back in the 80's.

Attachments

• old racecar.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 527
it looks to me like you have an aftermarket T/A style scoop. These were originally on the "70 Challenger T/A and also available on a few early 70s Dart sports. There are many aftermarket copies.
It sure looks good on your car.

It does look good on your car, I actually think I like it better on the Cuda over the Dart Sport. I have seen the oem scoops on FABO classified with an asking price of about 200 to 350. A basic 69 cuda hood from about 100 to 250.

Get rid of it........

Go 'Stock' Young Man, with a 1969 Barracuda Hood.

If you must, a 69' Cuda Hood with the Faux Vents.

That Barracuda doesn't need any 'Lipstick', it's a Natural Beauty.

I just ordered a new Glasstek hood for it, so I'm trying to decide if I should sell this current or hang it up in the garage and hang onto it. Shipping a steel hood would be a pain though.

Too bad, I have a pin on AAR glass hood in the basement. It has a round hole cut out for the air cleaner, but no scoop installed yet. As you can see I stuck with the stock hood with the 69 'cuda hood scoops.

Its a 69 cuda hood with a 73 dart sport scoop, or dart sport hood with a dart sport scoop

Not a T/A hood scoop.You have a Demon-Dart Sport hood scoop.I would ask $250.00 for the hood and scoop.

I've seen those go for anywhere for $150 to $300 for just the scoop.

less if it's a repro (unless it's real good quality), more if it's factory and in good shape.

I paid $250 for a really good repro a couple years ago.

Just my two cents but I like them both . But that Hemi scoop is going to look 'wicked" ! What going to be under it ? Another words , What motor set up ?

-
Back