What hose is this?

-

JozefJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

A quick question from a beginner..
Can anyone tell me what kind of hose this is? And is it a problem (as in can I still drive the car) if it starts to show some small holes?

Looking to replace it, but I dont know what to look for at Rockauto for example.

TIA guys!

Screenshot_20241004_235505_Google.jpg

Hot air hose or heat riser hose. It ducts warm air to the air cleaner for quicker warm ups. THere is also a temperature/vacuum actuated trap door in your air cleaner snout that appears not to have a vacuum hose attached, so that whole system is essentially useless anyway.

In the Netherlands, yur gonna need this system to be working as the temperature gets colder.
Your Factory carb is calibrated to run with a specific air temperature. As the air temp gets colder your carb will run ever leaner, until it starts to complain by misfiring. AND
There is a good chance that right around 0*C to maybe plus 3>5, with high humidity, your carb will go into a condition called "icing"; in the which real ice forms on the edge of the throttles, which upsets the fuel metering, and the engine will slow to a stall.
The heat stove can be doctored with electrical tape or duct-tape, even tinfoil. But that flapper and it's control valve need to also be functioning, cuz they are gonna work together to maintain the calibrated air-temperature. If you take the lid off the air cleaner housing, you'll see the control valve on the floor, on the clean side of the filter.

If your carb is NOT the factory one, then this discussion may or may not apply.

Is it attached to a bag? If yes its han its a hose bag hose

:rofl::rofl:

-
Back