What I did for my LEDS

-
i still need to connect the brake light switch and get the correct flasher, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 006_1.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 015_1_2.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 225
  • 013_1_2.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 003_1.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 219
i still need to connect the brake light switch and get the correct flasher, but you get the idea.

WOW they look Great. I wonder how many I need for my taillights?

100_1435-600.jpg

thanks!
Rebel, depending on the room inside the lens, looks like you could put in two per side.- pauly

Hey for what it's worth, you can buy several types of super-bright LED light strips on Ebay that are not tough to wire for 12v. With two or three strips glued (sandwiched) together, you could get more effective use of your lens real estate..... this applies to both taillights and markers. :)

I thought I read somewhere that the LED tail lights can only be seen well if viewed from straight on, so if you look at them from an angle (like the next lane) you can't see nearly as well as standard bulbs because the LED's are directional.

I thought I read somewhere that the LED tail lights can only be seen well if viewed from straight on, so if you look at them from an angle (like the next lane) you can't see nearly as well as standard bulbs because the LED's are directional.

Half-true! Most LED's have a narrow field of light dispersion, to focus maximum brightness/intensity. You can, however, get some wide-angle LED's that are quite bright (think modern Caddy taillights, etc.). It all depends on your needs and application.... but, if you have a stock taillens that should help disperse the light enough for angled view, but focus it where you need it most- at the clown behind you in his honda with a wing :) Many LED's are so cheap, that experimenting to find your right solution won't cost you more than a $20 anyway!

brief update, I got the stamp of approval from slantsixdan (thanks btw) because my lights were'nt home-hashed. they were already DOT approved units that I installed inside my existing housings. For what its worth, these babies are really bright and very effective. thanks to OP for bringing this excellent conversion to light!

dang you pauly...you are stupid!!!!

now I have to do that to the 66 barracuda....

it's only money!!!

looks good guys!

Aloha Mike

-
Back