What intake if I want to try out a thermoquad?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey:

Was thinking of trying out a Thermoquad on my motor, just for grins.

Currently have a Quickfuel 750 double pumper and an LA Eddy RPM Air gap.

I was looking at a Holley strip dominator. Any other good choices out there?

Thanks

Steve

could run a spacer that makes it work on your current set-up...

spread bore to square adapter plate

You gotta pretty mean induction now. Gonna be tough to one up that with a thermoquad....but it can be done. I would contact David. He is demonsizzler on here. He can hook you up.

running magnum heads ? M1 single plane is your only choice unless you have re drilled the heads.

I have redrilled the heads so I can run LA intake manifolds.

Thermoquads look cool. I have no complaints about the holley, but I wanted to try one.

I kind of doubt that the car would be as quick/fast with a T-quad, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

I've got a really nice LD340, and I had thought about that, but I'm really hesitant to cut it up.

mopar performance M1. Weiand Stealth? Stock manifold for a 360 spreadbore? (like from an mid 80's van with a q jet)

Old post I know, just wondering if you ever tried the TQ.

I'm contemplating a junkyard 360 magnum build and have a TQ. Curious to know how it would do on the air gap with a converter plate.

He went with a tuner Holley Idaho.Depends on the cam.Intakes are easy,find your gear and cam.The rest should fall in place.

The problem is the adapter plate is thick and hood clearance becomes a issue. A hole in the hood is needed to do a TQ on a RPM. Your choices would be a OE iron, Weiand Action plus, a modified Weiand stealth which only needs a minor hogging out of the secondaries. (The stealth is really a filled Action Plus) The Edelbrock Performer, A Modified Edelbrock LD-340 (Clearance for the secondaries, there is room.) , Holley strip Dominator, MoPar M1 single plane, which is a very nicely updated Holley SD.

The TQ is a bit of a pain until you understand each other. It can perform real well. But do remember that it is a OE carb for a OE engine. They can be a pain. Once you get it in, I think you'll like it a lot. It works great as a dual purpose cam. For race applications, you must know the carb very well. They can run hard. A few have gone into the 9's with them. For a OE carb, that is amazing.

For about 20 - 50 bucks of pig iron and a gasket kit, it's hard to beat. Bend AFB rods 3/4 shorter for easy tuning rods.

Ok thanks guys.
Mr Rumble, very helpful. I don't want a scoop so the choices are narrowed. Cheaper to use a different intake, (especially since I haven't bought one yet) but maybe I'm better off with a carb that's easier to deal with.

LXguy, your posts on your junkyard 360 magnum helped convince me to go this route for my Demon clone project - thanks.

Hope you dont' mind I quoted you in this thread.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=167063

LOL, Don't MR. RUMBLE me, just call me Rob. ;)

The rod hanger adjustment is the secret for fine tuning those carbs, Understand that tiny screw and youll be way ahead in the learning curve. I dont think top end is their strong suit, it's there throttle response that makes 'em fun...and they are cheap.

Rob, I figured 16000+ posts deserved a "Mr." :D
Arlie

-
Back