What irks you

-
Cars made into convertibles that were never offered by the OE as a convertible.
Raised white letter tires... Really? 2012 please.
Flip-flops or sandals and jeans Whoops sorry wrong forum.
People who claim (at car shows etc.) that they restored the car, when clearly they have no clue to what restored means.
14" wheels and tires Oh wait I have those. Still lame...
Terrible welds or poor execution of repairs.
Wrong hardware
Tacs mounted to the cowl?
Those horrible plastic hand-held radio looking antennas?
Thank you signs in their trunk? I don't care.
Modifications that look good on paper, but when executed look like a** or weak attempt via an adult education shop class.
Glass pack mufflers, cal custom chrome and anything else of that vain.
Too much of one thing or style. Stop when you have to ask why.
Jennifer Anniston's boyfriend. Damn wrong forum again.
70's style mag wheels that even then looked like a** back then or too pepboyish
Raise white letter tires Did I say that?
Flared fenders
Cowl Induction Hoods

Nicholas Cage, Ben Stiller, John Travolta... Very irritating

Also, the in loving memory of Paco stickers in the back window of every illegal thug gangster in AZ.

this is what drives me nuts...

a sweet *** car like this coronet...

DSC_0420.JPG

DSC_0421.JPG

and you look under the hood and see this half assed fire waiting to happen mess... i mean seriously. does it take that much to run wires neatly and safely? when i see cars like this for sale i have to wonder what else they half asses putting it together..

DSC_0422.JPG

DSC_0423.JPG

DSC_0424.JPG

LET ME THINK
chebby cowl scoop on a mopar
tweed interior
chrome oil pans
weld wheels
too much chrome on the engine
skulls period
flames on any car built in the 60's or 70's
any engine not painted blue red or orange
shaved door handles ect
cut up door panels for speakers
pep boys bucket seats with a colum shift
autozone door lock knobs skulls eight balls ect
mopars powered by chebby 350's just because its cheaper to buy parts for them
loose or sloppy b&m shifters
having a 383 and gas is $4+ a gallon ha ha

I especially like the way the newer 4 prong ballast resistor is wired in.. using three wires?

Attachments

• DSC_0424.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 220
I'd have to say adding the 1971/1972 stripes to the 1970 Dusters. I think the 70 looks right with the right stripe, and adding the sharktooth grill too. It reminds me of when everyone was adding SS emblems and stripes to Malibu's and not replacing the square gauge dash with the correct round ones.

One disagreement I love the pine air freshners, My dad had them in his car since the 60's until today! LOL

heres a nice ride

Attachments

• gay.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 227
  • gay1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 245
  • gay2.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 214
Flat black engine bays after someone restores a car. Who cares if it came that way! Take the extra time to paint the engine bay! It looks way better!

Uhhh, horrible/unsafe welds on hot rods. I've seen some crazy stuff. If you can't weld, don't try on parts that could break and cause someone to risk losing a life. Just plain stupid.

Too many colors in the engine compartment ! I see it all the time. an otherwise nice car with 99 different colored engine components. Orange/red or blue heater hoses, fake braided hose with blue & red fittings on everything including vacuum & windshield washer lines. engine or body colored pullies & brackets, neon yellow, pink, orange, green spark plug wires & neon colored convoluted wire loom. it all ends up looking like a circus clown walked over & threw up on the engine compartment.

transmissions and rear ends painted other than factory colors.I guess this thread is making a ressurection.

Gas !!!! WOW It's 3.75 a gal reg here in Fort Wayne IN ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not haveing a jack and or a spare with air in it...... spending big money on stereo, seat cover's, floor mats before safty work is dun :protest: Hay You need a pair or a set of tires dude... I see this way to much but I keep my mouth shut.

I hate those big wheels and rubber band tires, I hate those scallop paint jobs, stupid sound systems that fill the trunk with amps and giant speakers, and ya, the list goes on and on..........

-
Back