what is 340 worth

-

ptbill

Reaction score
Found a 1969 340 that is in good running order. It is in a 1969 Satellite. He is asking $2500 for engine and transmission. Any ideas on value?
Thanks Bill

probably worth $1000 as a core... it kinda depends on what has been done to the engine.

is that a 2-door satellite? what kinda shape is the car in? if it's the motor that came in the car it wouldnt be numbers matching to a different car

If your looking for a 69 340 and it is all stock no over bore, stock intake and hp exhaust manifolds and complete it sounds ok. If it's hot rodded with headers and over bore I would want it much cheaper.

X2. A core, non running original, not damaged or overbored, 68-71 is worth a 1,000. The manifolds bring at least another 500,(68-70) if they are in good condition. Running and driving condition, with the correct transmission, the price listed is fair.

Two years ago I bought a running 1971 340 from non-correct carb (Holley) to pan with the numbers matching transmission still attached for $1200. I was the first to respond to the Craigslist ad and the first to get there with the cash within an hour of the ad posting. I still haven't pulled the heads to see what is inside.

Can't give you pics of something I don't have
Bill

Unless you have the numbers car it matches, it's worth no more than a 360 core. Probably 500 bucks.

-
Back