What is a good price?

-

BigBlockBanjo

BigBlockBanjo
Reaction score
OK.....my Dad bought my '64 Valiant.....(I'll still be working on it though 8))...so my '72 Swinger will get full attention.
I'm really, and I mean really considering installing a V-8. I want a 383........but I can't afford a BB.
So...a small-block is in order, and I don't know what to look for. A 318(I saw Mopar Muscle's build-up of a 400 hp 318=P~) But some people present that a 360 is better. Depending which one I settle on....what's a good price?
I have no idea on the worth of a core engine, or maybe even a nice short-block. Please help! I would like to leave the six in the car while building a v-8, then swap it all over......I guess I need a tranny too.:read2:

Banjo. 360 are plentiful and better IMO. Post your location as some of the members have extra blocks laying around at a reasonable price.

i,D CHECK SOME LOCAL BONEYARDS FIRST SO YOU,LL AT LEAST HAVE MOTOR AND TRANNY CORES.HEY YOU MIGHT GET LUCKY AND FIND A GOOD RUNNER OUT OF A(WRITE-OFF)VEHICLE THAT YOU COULD JUST POP IN,OR GET REBUILT TO YOUR SPECS. ALSO WITH TRANS. iT IS WAY CHEAPER ROOT TO TAKE.GOOD LUCK!!

Yep! Trenton, TN. I thought the location was with my avatar...I guess its not.
There is a vast shortage of A-body's in this region....and few yards that keep anything older than 1980. :( And when scrap metal peaked out a few months ago.....people hauled off alot of otherwise usable stuff. But I'm still looking! I would almost bet that someone has a lowly small-block lying around after that 440 swap.... 8)

Dont rule out the 93-03 5.9 magnum engines. I'm using one of these for the base of my 408 build up. You can find them in dodge pick ups of those years.

-
Back