what is it for

-

rtse440

Reaction score
Found this spring in the 68 Barracuda, that I'm working on for a friend. It is pretty neat what it does, can you guess what it is used for?

I thought that happened only in the States you have gas thieves in Canada also.

Is that the spring you place in the gas filler pipe to keep people from stealing gas?

No, no, no!
Didn't you see the new infomercials? You put that spring in the gas filler tube and it starts a vortex that continues all the way through the tank, the fuel lines, the mechanical fuel pump, and all the way through either the carb or fuel injection. This continuous vortex effect gives maximum fuel atomization to increase both horsepower and mileage over 400%!
Gotta be true! They wouldn't lie on infomercials now would they?
LOL.

I felt your pain, I was in Ontario in August paid $1.01 a liter , $4.00 for a gallon. I think we will see that price here again. With the proposed energy Taxes The government wants to enact.

At $4.50 a Canadian gallon, you bet we do. That's @ $0.989 a liter. We use metric but I still convert to gallons and miles to figure my gas mileage.

That is nothing, I am here in Australia on vacation and the average price is 113.9 per litre!!!

No, no, no!
Didn't you see the new infomercials? You put that spring in the gas filler tube and it starts a vortex that continues all the way through the tank, the fuel lines, the mechanical fuel pump, and all the way through either the carb or fuel injection. This continuous vortex effect gives maximum fuel atomization to increase both horsepower and mileage over 400%!
Gotta be true! They wouldn't lie on infomercials now would they?
LOL.

I guess you didn't watch the whole infomercial. That vortex action continues twisting right up through the driver's seat cushion and into the occupant!

I think that is the return spring from the kinutre valve. Based on the counterclockwise spiral, I'm guessing it's from an australian model?

At $4.50 a Canadian gallon, you bet we do. That's @ $0.989 a liter. We use metric but I still convert to gallons and miles to figure my gas mileage.

For 91RON ULP, we pay $1.30 a litre. For 98RON ULP, we pay $1.45 a litre.
There are 4.5litres to an Imperial Gallon....or 3.7litres to 1 US Gallon.

Man you guys don't know $h*t ....that's one of Smokey Yunick expire-a-mental prototype chevy bee-hive valve springs that doesn't require a retainer (just the keepers)for a high lift 3/4 cam ( 3/4's of a foot = 3 inches) .
Only problem is nobody makes 8 inch tall valve covers so you have to run it without em' ....and it gets kinda smokey under the hood !!!

Hey ??? Maybe thats how he got his nick-name !!!

-
Back