What is it that makes Prius owners such ASSHOLES!?!?!

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Already this morning I have had a group of Prius owners in here being total f***ing dusche bags. So thier car gets four MPG less than it did in the summer, big F-ing deal. Why yell at me all morning. Total bull ****!

theres a south park episode on this very issue haha all their talk creates "smug" like smog

theres a south park episode on this very issue haha all their talk creates "smug" like smog

I was just looking for that episode on youtube, but couldn't find the right clip.

I did find an interview with the writers about why they wrote that episode and it's hilarious, but not work or kid friendly.

Here it is, I warned you. lol!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-YWyG5TXw&feature=grec_index"]Smug Alert! | Commentary (South Park) - YouTube[/ame]

So how much fuel did the Prius owners save while the tow truck took their Detroit built iron to the wrecking yard, and the fork lift loaded it into the crusher, and the gasoline powered hydraulic crusher smashed it, and then the diesel powered fork lift loaded it onto the diesel powered semi which drove it to the train yard where the fork lift loaded it onto the diesel powered train to take it to the port, where it was loaded onto the diesel powered ship to sail to Japan, where it was unloaded onto a train to take it to the steel mill to melt down using nuclear powered electricity, and then pressed into Prius bodies using more nuclear powered juice, put back on the train, taken to the port driven onto a ship, sailed back across the ocean, driven onto a train, hauled to the depot, put back onto a semi, driven to a dealer, driven onto the showroom floor so some one could help the environment and be smug?

Oh, I forgot to mention the strip mining in China for the fancy battery materials hauled to the fancy battery factory, where they are manufactured into fancy batteries, then shipped to Japan to meet up with the environmentally responsible Priuses. :wack:

I'll just keep driving my 1963 slant 6 at 20 mpg, combine my errands occasionally, and save the planet.

I was just looking for that episode on youtube, but couldn't find the right clip.

I did find an interview with the writers about why they wrote that episode and it's hilarious, but not work or kid friendly.

Here it is, I warned you. lol!

Smug Alert! | Commentary (South Park) - YouTube

Very insightful commentary. So many people think they know what's best, and it's their purpose each day to let everyone know it. Not just Prius owners, how about all the pundits on the airwaves, or the know-it-all relative we all have...

Tell them it's all the crappy ethanol gas,batteries they buy that is as bad on the environment or worse during the mfg process.

Why are they assholes???

I don't know for sure, but they surely can't drive worth a f%ck either.

I can't count how many times I am in the left lane about to pass one of those assholes and then they pull in front of me and cut me off and then take forever to get back over so I can pass them...

Or when I am driving down the street and they wait until the last minute to turn in front of me, making me jam on my brakes to avoid rear ending them. Why didn't they go when they had plenty of room??? No they wait until I am almost on them and then turn into my lane. And they can't accelerate at a decent rate, which annoys me even more...

Or they drive in the left lane, going slower than the rest of traffic and you have to go around them. (Now I'm getting less MPG by having to go around those pricks).

Not to mention their self rightious attitude that they think they are above everybody else just because they are driving a fuel efficient car. Yeah, I'll give them self rightious, when I pitt maneuver them into the damn cement retainer wall...

I think that we should put bounties on them and give out stickers with the toyota symbol crossed out so we can put it on our door for each "kill" like the world war II pilots did. I could be a multiple ace in no time...

I love this thread!
A basic rule of physics: you cannot create energy, only transform it. They don't think that way.

Or they drive in the left lane, going slower than the rest of traffic and you have to go around them. (Now I'm getting less MPG by having to go around those pricks). .

Thank Gauwd it's legal (at least here) to pass in the right lane. But you MUST pronounce it correctly "Pree ***" is the ONLY correct pronunciation

We'll get our revenge, though. When all this 'lectric crap starts to need service and batteries, and when people figure out just how MUCH that really costs, the resale will go to hell

Half the people in the world are jerks.

I don't care what you drive, just as long as you share the road with everybody else. Problem is too many people don't mind their own freaken business.

After the gulf oil spill, Japan nuclear mess--that is still leaking radiation, what ever us motorist do isn't nothing compare to all the damage these corporations have done.

If I ever get rich, I am going to buy a prius and put a HEMI in it. Then I'll show saving the planet.

Already this morning I have had a group of Prius owners in here being total f***ing dusche bags. So thier car gets four MPG less than it did in the summer, big F-ing deal. Why yell at me all morning. Total bull ****!

likely because they put winter tires on, they really suck the fuel milage out of a car but I wouldn't drive without them where I live

I think that is is a combenation of a few things.
1. They worry way to damn much and have to complaine about anything they can
2. Cold weather
3. Ethonal in the fuel
4. Snow Tires
5. Please read number one again

I get extreme pleasure telling yuppie PreAss owners that my MOPAR burns gas on the dyno at 69 gallons per hour when on the power band..... and sucks fuel on the city streets at 4 mpg! I thank them for buying a POS that actually does more environmental damage due to the batteries that are required, than if they bought a VW TD, which by the way gets better mileage than their Gorebal Warming saving PreAss.

Don't you wish you could just say something like...'well if you'd done a better job researching your purchase, you would have known this would happen' or better yet 'many concerned citizens are riding bicycles, that way you wouldn't be harming the environment at all.'

So how much fuel did the Prius owners save while the tow truck took their Detroit built iron to the wrecking yard, and the fork lift loaded it into the crusher, and the gasoline powered hydraulic crusher smashed it, and then the diesel powered fork lift loaded it onto the diesel powered semi which drove it to the train yard where the fork lift loaded it onto the diesel powered train to take it to the port, where it was loaded onto the diesel powered ship to sail to Japan, where it was unloaded onto a train to take it to the steel mill to melt down using nuclear powered electricity, and then pressed into Prius bodies using more nuclear powered juice, put back on the train, taken to the port driven onto a ship, sailed back across the ocean, driven onto a train, hauled to the depot, put back onto a semi, driven to a dealer, driven onto the showroom floor so some one could help the environment and be smug?

Oh, I forgot to mention the strip mining in China for the fancy battery materials hauled to the fancy battery factory, where they are manufactured into fancy batteries, then shipped to Japan to meet up with the environmentally responsible Priuses. :wack:

I'll just keep driving my 1963 slant 6 at 20 mpg, combine my errands occasionally, and save the planet.
What happens to all the old batteries?

Never a truer word spoken neilskiw !

regards,Rod:burnout:

Think your Prius is a green car? Maybe only the green out of your wallet...read on:

"Prius gets untouchable mileage right? You would be right if you went by the old government EPA estimates, which netted the Prius an incredible 60 miles per gallon in the city and 51 miles per gallon on the highway. Unfortunately for Toyota, the government realized how unrealistic their EPA tests were, which consisted of highway speeds limited to 55mph and acceleration of only 3.3 mph per second. The new tests which affect all 2008 models give a much more realistic rating with highway speeds of 80mph and acceleration of 8mph per second. This has dropped the Prius’s EPA down by 25 percent to an average of 45mpg. This now puts the Toyota within spitting distance of cars like the Chevy Aveo, which costs less then half what the Prius costs.

However, if that was the only issue with the Prius, I wouldn’t be writing this article. It gets much worse.

Building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius. As already noted, the Prius is partly driven by a battery which contains nickel. The nickel is mined and smelted at a plant in Sudbury, Ontario. This plant has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the ‘dead zone’ around the plant to test moon rovers. The area around the plant is devoid of any life for miles.

The plant is the source of all the nickel found in a Prius’ battery and Toyota purchases 1,000 tons annually. Dubbed the Superstack, the plague-factory has spread sulfur dioxide across northern Ontario, becoming every environmentalist’s nightmare.

“The acid rain around Sudbury was so bad it destroyed all the plants and the soil slid down off the hillside,” said Canadian Greenpeace energy-coordinator David Martin during an interview with Mail, a British-based newspaper.

All of this would be bad enough in and of itself; however, the journey to make a hybrid doesn’t end there. The nickel produced by this disastrous plant is shipped via massive container ship to the largest nickel refinery in Europe. From there, the nickel hops over to China to produce ‘nickel foam.’ From there, it goes to Japan. Finally, the completed batteries are shipped to the United States, finalizing the around-the-world trip required to produce a single Prius battery. Are these not sounding less and less like environmentally sound cars and more like a farce?

Wait, I haven’t even got to the best part yet.

When you pool together all the combined energy it takes to drive and build a Toyota Prius, the flagship car of energy fanatics, it takes almost 50 percent more energy than a Hummer – the Prius’s arch nemesis.

Through a study by CNW Marketing called “Dust to Dust,” the total combined energy is taken from all the electrical, fuel, transportation, materials (metal, plastic, etc) and hundreds of other factors over the expected lifetime of a vehicle. The Prius costs an average of $3.25 per mile driven over a lifetime of 100,000 miles – the expected lifespan of the Hybrid.

The Hummer, on the other hand, costs a more fiscal $1.95 per mile to put on the road over an expected lifetime of 300,000 miles. That means the Hummer will last three times longer than a Prius and use less combined energy doing it.

So, if you are really an environmentalist – ditch the Prius. Instead, buy one of the most economical cars available – a Toyota Scion xB. The Scion only costs a paltry $0.48 per mile to put on the road. If you are still obsessed over gas mileage – buy a Chevy Aveo and fix that lead foot.

One last fun fact for you: it takes five years to offset the premium price of a Prius. Meaning, you have to wait 60 months to save any money over a non-hybrid car because of lower gas expenses."

Oh yeah, the Chevy Volt just got dinged by a safety concern, a little problem with toxic batteries exploding and burning when they get in accidents..oops! Fire Departments have been told to exercise caution when responding to Volt accidents.

I personally know a Prius owner..... she talks to her plants like they are going to talk back... has a big VOTE FOR OBAMA 2012 sticker on the rear bumper.... has already wrecked the Prius twice.

:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=badoMjA_rW0"]BMW M3 against Toyota Prius - YouTube[/ame]

The PreAss mileage is not as good as the stupid owners claim. My friend had one and while riding with him, I asked him what kind of mileage he was getting, he told me that he gets 50 mpg..... and I pointed at the constant mileage readout and asked him why it said 35 ????? Freeway mileage sucks on a PreAss, it has a Toyota engine and the added weight of batteries and a heavy electric motor.

The World record for fuel mileage has been the VW TDI: http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/trans...l-economy-record-an-amazing-679-mpgin-a-jetta I think the Kia is a contender for this too.

My friend has a VW TDI and he drove from Los Angeles to Yellowstone National Park (quite a lot of it on Hwy 89 in the mountains) and his worst mileage was 58 and his best was 62. No PreAss comes close to this..... PERIOD.

-
Back