What is it worth

-
If you can drive it home i'd say it's a $1500-$2000 car...

If you can't drive it home... Scrap is about $150 a ton right now, and being it weight about 10 tons..it's still worth $1500 win/win:cheers:

Those guys are spoiled! Up here we call that near mint. $2000 if it runs. Dan

Yeah that's what I'm thinking but the out side really isn't that bad the paint is faded woodgrain is gone a few dents (but what 44yr old car don't have a few dents?) but NO RUST and the dash is the worst part oh an a cracked windshield.

Those guys are spoiled! Up here we call that near mint. $2000 if it runs. Dan

I'm originally from Illinois I know all about rust and I HATE IT so seeing this with no rust is a gem. The guy parked it a year ago so it would need a good tune up before driving and new tires but overall I believe its worth trying to get.

desire - the great equalizer. For those who have no desire for such a car- $=0, on the other side of the coin, if you pine for and have desire for it - then only you can determine what it's worth. No way I could possibly put a # on it.. for you.

i recently saw a 68 sport suburban wagon local to me for $300. been sitting for at least 10 years but mostly complete.

The best part about this car is the idiot that bought it new in 1971 paid more for it then the Hemi Cuda convertable sitting next to it in the showroom. Wagons are hot only because every other body style has been bought up. E's then B's then A's, then C's so what's left to get bought? Wagons.

The best part about this car is the idiot that bought it new in 1971 paid more for it then the Hemi Cuda convertable sitting next to it in the showroom. Wagons are hot only because every other body style has been bought up. E's then B's then A's, then C's so what's left to get bought? Wagons.

Next is 4 doors and pickups.

To the O.P., cool that you are working on getting it still.
I hope it works out for you, it's a cool car!

As someone who is currently building a wagon, I would say only get it if you really want a wagon.

Wagon specific parts are getting tough to find and a wagon will never be worth what a two door is worth no matter how nice it is and no matter how many people say wagons are cool.

If you really really enjoy a wagon then it will be miles of fun and a challenging project that will pay off.

If you are worried about what it's worth or plan to flip, you might be money ahead to leave it where it is. IMHO

I found this 68 coronet wagon and at first I was hot and cold with it but its under construction right now. I don't really care what it's worth because I really really want it and enjoy it. I was probably upside down on it long time ago but sometimes good entertainment costs, so oh well.

Attachments

• CIMG0931.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 87
Go for it. Wagons are cool. And rust free is huge. Make it mechanically sound and reliable and drive as is, not worrying about where you park it. Nice paint is over rated and a liability.

As someone who is currently building a wagon, I would say only get it if you really want a wagon.

Wagon specific parts are getting tough to find and a wagon will never be worth what a two door is worth no matter how nice it is and no matter how many people say wagons are cool.

If you really really enjoy a wagon then it will be miles of fun and a challenging project that will pay off.

If you are worried about what it's worth or plan to flip, you might be money ahead to leave it where it is. IMHO

I found this 68 coronet wagon and at first I was hot and cold with it but its under construction right now. I don't really care what it's worth because I really really want it and enjoy it. I was probably upside down on it long time ago but sometimes good entertainment costs, so oh well.
No I was asking what people thought it was worth to gauge how much to pay for it and yes I want the wagon for myself and I'm well aware about not getting my money back out of it .

-
Back