what is it worth...?

-

Dart_Guy

Reaction score
I got a line on a '70 340 Duster in great shape... It has the original, running 340. it is an automatic. Bench seat, B5 blue. I looked at it and it had no rust, anywhere. It has the rally dash and black interior. It needs a paint job on the exterior only. engine bay and rest of the car has good paint yet.

I think the guy might be asking a wee bit too much, but it is a very solid car. Needs some minor TLC.

What is this car worth fully restored?

Restored about 21 to 24K, as driver needing tlc 8 to 10K. you left out a lot of info, is engine hopped up or stock? stripes? what grill? rims? any other options?

It is pretty stock and I didn't check the VIN yet. I didn't think they were worth that much... I should jump for 5500?

No hoped up engine. Colum shifter and the grill is horizontal slates. Solid Start as far as no rust and it runs.

Would need some new interior, probably a front end rebuild and an exterior paint. I will probabyl get the VIN and do more investigating...

Check it out......
No rust is a big issue, Rust repairs will kill you and eat up a lot of time and money!
$5500 is not too much at all if it is rust free and complete.
There are good deals out there, this might be one of them!
Definitely worth it if it is what you say it is.

If it's an actual 340 car but with the column shift, bench seat and interior you say needs redoing and front end I'd go 6-8K. But the bodies got to be totally rust free and only requiring a new paint job sometime down the road.

Terry

If it's an actual 340 car but with the column shift, bench seat and interior you say needs redoing and front end I'd go 6-8K. But the bodies got to be totally rust free and only requiring a new paint job sometime down the road.

Terry

It is a 340 car and it only needs new seat covers, which I can do pretty easily. Once complete, would you agree with the aforementioned 20k to 24k?

Hell, I might try to buy it fix it up, drive for a summer, then sell for profit... I need to pay off some debt.

20-24k would be for a restored car, not a nice car with fresh paint and new seat covers. The difference I am talking about here is huge.

ok, so what would the price be with fresh paint and seat covers... Wha tis the difference between restored and fresh paint?

Thanks! I was wee bit confused, 10,000 for paint is still fresh paint, but I see what you are getting.
I would get more to enjoy it for a few years then resell later. Not a good market now anyway. And I would not go for a 20,000 restoration, but it would be nice to it the potential for that high a price tag.

Thanks for the input!

If its a real 340 H code with matching #'s engine trans jump on it for 5K! the 21 to 24K i spoke of would be a total resto with brackets & linkage replated, perfect trim and chrome, gauges all working and mint, trunk hardware restored and replated, engine rebuilt to stock looking with original carb radiator intake ect....

A rarer color combo, bucket seats, console or a 4 speed, would help it get into the $20k range.
The list of options the car came with dictates it's value (hood pins, rear deck lid spoiler...)

The only options that were obvious, was the rally dash and it had a spoiler, which was removed... I am probably gonna pass on it, but I am gonna get a VIN and look into a wee bit.

A car optioned like 340butterduster is upper 20's low 30's car, BTW my demon also had the charcol seat inserts !!

-
Back