What Is Missing Here On My 1BBL Holley

-

chrisndave

Reaction score
Greetings: 1966 Dart Convertible, 225 Auto trans. Refer to picture. There is something missing here on the throttle linkage. It appears to be some sort of slide or block? Also, how is the rod fastened/attached/secured? E clip?

Can someone show a picture of how it’s supposed to be? And, most important, where can I source the needed correct parts? many thanks, Dave

IMG_0463.jpeg

The rubber bushing that Hoppy has in his hand is what you are missing. I don't know if the are reproduced, but I'm sure someone will chime in if they are.

They are reproduced. The cheapest I've found them is about 19 bucks.
Insulator

RRR, inquiring minds want to know, "who and where". LMAO

You could search the internet with the Chrysler part number.

The Mopar part works better than piece of rubber fuel hose. Trust me.
Sometimes its best to just spend the $19 for a $5 part. But what can you buy for $5 anymore!!??

Just get the bushing and once you figure which way it needs to be orientated, it will be a walk in the park.

Thanks. As seen in my post, the carb throttle plate “bracket” is turned around vs. yours. How can this be? Unless my carb is correct for this application?? It is not the original I’m sure. Can someone show a pic of the linkage at the firewall and towards the transmission?? That linkage “arm” appears to be bent somewhat… thanks for the help
The throttle shafts in the two pictures are in different positions. Yours appear wide open. The picture hoppy posted is not.

The throttle shafts in the two pictures are in different positions. Yours appear wide open. The picture hoppy posted is not.
Yup. Close your throttle shaft and come in from the other side with the rubber bushing. Halifaxhop's carb is modified, so not exactly like yours. His is much later and has had an early throttle bracket mated to the later carb.

-
Back