What is p/s pulley size

-

furyus2

Reaction score
I'm working on a 1969 340 Dart swinger. I want to put power steering on. I have some pulleys in the shed that are 2 groove for the crank. I measured my crank pulley, and it is 5 7/8 inches measuring the pulley closest to the block. The one further from the block is 6 5/8.The water pump pulley measures 6 3/4 inches. Are these the correct ones?

That covers the pump pulley more than the crank and w/p pulley, but thanks for helping.

That covers the pump pulley more than the crank and w/p pulley, but thanks for helping.

oops sorry about that. I misunderstood. My car is at the shop, I'll take some pictures and measurements of the Crank pulley next week.

AlV

No one with a 340 and power steering can walk out to your car and hold a tape measure across the water
Pump and crank pulley? Knowing that I have the correct ones will save me a lot of headaches when I
First fire the car up.

Thanks. Sad that out of all the people that read my post, you are the only one willing to help. I pm you about your current wheel size. I will be using 14 inch 5.5 wheels. Can you please tell me what size thy are?

Hi Dave,

This is what I have:

the W/P 5.75 OD
crank pulley eyeballed about 7.5 OD

Tire sizes
Front: 185-75-14
Rear: 225-70-14
rim: 5.5

I hope this helps.

AlV

Now I'm even more confused because the w/p pulley is larger than the crank pulley on my car. The set I had for the manual steering was the same. Thanks for the tire sizes, and all your help.

-
Back