What is the Correct Battery Cable

-

Swinger340Canuc

72 Swinger 340 Special
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the battery cables on my 72 340 Swinger and purchased these cables (on the MOPAR box) on Ebay which are about 42 inches long. I relocated the battery to the trunk along time ago and would like to reverse that change. I didn't keep the original so I don't have a cable to compare with.

I was talking to a friend today that warned me that the positive cable may be to short that he made the same mistake and that the proper ones will be a bit longer and should have the fusible link (the enlarged portion), so I found this cable that's 50 inches long 6 to 8 inches longer then the one I purchased. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• My battery cable.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 50 inch battery cable.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 247
No fusible link. Measure from starter to battery, the cable comes up fast, and runs along the indent/looms on fenderwell.

I'm looking to replace the battery cables on my 72 340 Swinger and purchased these cables (on the MOPAR box) on Ebay which are about 42 inches long. I relocated the battery to the trunk along time ago and would like to reverse that change. I didn't keep the original so I don't have a cable to compare with.

I was talking to a friend today that warned me that the positive cable may be to short that he made the same mistake and that the proper ones will be a bit longer and should have the fusible link (the enlarged portion), so I found this cable that's 50 inches long 6 to 8 inches longer then the one I purchased. Any help would be appreciated.
I believe thats the correct one(2770662), it sure does cost a lot though. Been looking at another one that costs 30 dollars but I'm don't want to buy until I'm sure it will fit too. 3764166

My original was 1" longer than the new one (looks like the one you got). 72 Swinger 318

Attachments

• Photo-0109 (WinCE).jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Photo-0110 (WinCE).jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 161
-
Back