What is the deal with Gen 2 Hemi blocks?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Are they no longer being made? I called summit and a few of the other suppliers and they all universally had the same answer of "we don't know". I was told some people have been on waiting lists for years have been on constant back order. Where does somebody find a block to start from scratch?

its complicated ...even guys who have the money had a hard time to find one , some companies like muscle motors will make a new block, some are buying all aluminium blocks $$$$ , and some are lucky enough to buy crate motors or original 67-71 engines , personnaly i bought a siamese block last year , virgin block good for a 426-572 , but i paid a lot of money for it , engine is 75 complete and need installation and dyno+tuning gonna cost me easliy 20-25k , i have 15k in it right now

I think World Products was the most recent company casting the Mopar Performance blocks. Have you contacted them directly for an answer? Mopar always does this, leaving parts on backorder without saying if they are actually going to make any more or not. Also, are Koleno, and Indy cast iron blocks an option, or even still available. Not sure exactly what you are looking for, which style.

In talking with the local mopar parts guy he has had hemi blocks on back order due to core shift in the casting process. No indication when mopar will have shipment on these.

I would like to stay with an iron block but have not considered an Aluminum block. I do not know what differences I would have to prepare for when building from an Aluminum block. I have spoken to reps at Summit, Mancini and World and generally, the information I was told, was that World was casting them for Mopar and then a dispute between Mopar and World happened which led to World telling Mopar to find someone else to supply their blocks. Years later, still nobody is producing them.

-
Back