What is the difference between Duster bodies

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
I am curious to know why online part stores separate the year models by 70-72 and 73-76 when buying weather stripping and other glass seals. I'm more particular in the roof rails. would a 70-72 model Duster roof rail seal fit a 74 ? They look to be the exact same body styles.

This is a darn good question! I hope someone that knows will chime in here. While I am aware of several mechanical differences that changed between '72 - '73, the bodies look pretty much the same. I'm hoping to use my '75 parts car windshield in my '72...
C

Glad someone else has thought the same thing haha. Soo... any takers on what they know about this question ??

I am pretty sure they are the same all the way through.. I have no proof other than looking at different years. But it does make sense to not change the expensive tooling on stuff.

the difference is, grills, hoods, side marker lights and tail lights and panels, oh and dash clusters between 340 cars and /6- 318, 360 cars8)

I am curious to know why online part stores separate the year models by 70-72 and 73-76 when buying weather stripping and other glass seals. I'm more particular in the roof rails. would a 70-72 model Duster roof rail seal fit a 74 ? They look to be the exact same body styles.

The doors and glass changed in 73 or 74. I put a set of 72 doors on my 75 and had to use the seals off of the 72 because the door glass is different.

-
Back