What is the proper way to break in rings

-

73dart360

Reaction score
new engine high performance 11:1 w2 heads can someone please tell me is there a specific way to break in the rings before taking it to the track

The Pro Stock guys break'em in on an engine dyno at full song!
The way to break-in rings for me was to put the thing on the track. 4200 rpm and a transbrake! At about 750 feet you could feel the engine seal up and start pulling better.
My way of thinking was that I was gonna re-ring the monster yearly regardless, so run the snot out of it! I never had a problem with my own or my partners 500" dragster motor.

The Pro Stock guys break'em in on an engine dyno at full song!
The way to break-in rings for me was to put the thing on the track. 4200 rpm and a transbrake! At about 750 feet you could feel the engine seal up and start pulling better.
My way of thinking was that I was gonna re-ring the monster yearly regardless, so run the snot out of it! I never had a problem with my own or my partners 500" dragster motor.

SST is on the mark. Ray Barton rebuilt my Hemi and I paid to have it put on his dyno. When I was in there room watching and listening to it idle Ray's son pulled the hammer to WOT. I almost **** myself.

-
Back