What is this K member setup worth?

-

AnotherA

Reaction score
I'm changing to a coil over setup. What is this worth as a complete package minus the wheels?

Its pretty much a complete swap for someone.

V8 K member with power steering sector.
Big ball joint upper A arms.
Disc brakes.
new tie rod ends
new bushings in the upper A arms.

I was guesstimating $375. What says you? To high? To low?
2012-03-17_12-56-48_567.jpg

2012-03-17_12-58-34_658.jpg

I think you will sell it pretty easily for that, and it will go quickly.

Good price to someone who wants to upgrade to spool mounts and disk brakes. Power steering may not help as most guys want manual. Maybe go a bit higher seeing it's a sway bar set up. This is how I would break it down if selling separate: Disk brakes $250, K member $100, Power steering $100, Sway bar and tabbed LCA $125 = $575. To move it quick $375, but I wouldn't take any less.

I think that you are short selling yourself. The 73-76 K V8 K member is THE one to get. These disc brakes Are THE ones everyone wants for the easiest of factory disc brake swaps. The Upper conrol arms are necessary to use those spindle/knuckles. The factory sway bar with the mount tabs on the lower control arms..... Wow. THIS is the setup every Drum brake slant six A body guy needs to upgrade his car. I'm not trying to screw the buyer here by tossing out a highball price. The numbers add up to over $500 in parts.
73 V8 K member: $100-$150
Disc brake rotors,Calipers, Knuckles: $250
Disc UPPER control arms: $75-$100/Pair
Steering box, center link, tie rods $75-$100
Front sway bar with brackets, Lower control arms with tabs: $125.
Good luck.​

It hasnt gone up for sale yet. I asked to gauge an appropriate price. I would have blown my own foot off at $375.

that all depends on whether you are trying to make big bucks off this or help out a fellow member. i think 400-450 is a fair deal because someone is going to have to replace every ball joint, bushing, seals and brake pads before they use it. which is going to end up being another 2-300 in parts. i think mr frankenduster is not taking into account that some people arent in this to make people pay top dollar for used parts IMO

Check out the strutrod washers?????. on the correct way and tapered not radiused.

That settup parted out would bring Alot more then what is being said. The complete disc brakes with upper arms are worth $350. Then you have the lower arms with tabs and stabilizer bar. $200 . Box is $50 Spool mount k is another $100. and center link and ties $75. And the parts show no rust $$$$$$

Im not looking to make a mint. Just want to get fair value ball park numbers on what you guys would pay for something like this. Its going on MN Craigslist as soon as my new K member gets here.

would you not offer it up for grabs here first ? or is it that you dont want to mess around with shipping?

would you not offer it up for grabs here first ? or is it that you dont want to mess around with shipping?

I'm not going to mess with shipping. It will be local pickup only.

Why not list in both places.
That way you get the most out of your advetising. Just list it as pick up only. There are a lot of FABO members, some close to you who may need this.
JMO TAZZ

Check out the strutrod washers?????. on the correct way and tapered not radiused.

I have seen them installed both ways. I have even seen some of the washers with "This side out" stamped and they were installed OPPOSITE of the photo.

I put it up for sale with the spool motor mounts. Its on craigs list and here.

I have a buddy in NJ that needs one. I'll contact him and let him know about it. Don't know if he can make the trip to get it but at least he'll know it's available.

-
Back