What is this steering wheel?

-

MOBodyman

Reaction score
What was the original application for this wheel? It was on a '73 Duster a friend bought. I've seen similar ones with a wood rim, don't remember seeing any with a foam one.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_2034.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_2035.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2036.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 248
I could be waaaaay off base but i thought I say something on the BJ auctions about a mopar with a "recall" steering wheel...

I think the steering wheel was recalled because people were sliding there fingers between the spokes and when the wheel was jerked, off goes the finger..

It looks just like that..and if so, you have a rare steering wheel..

Ian.

I could be waaaaay off base but i thought I say something on the BJ auctions about a mopar with a "recall" steering wheel...

I think the steering wheel was recalled because people were sliding there fingers between the spokes and when the wheel was jerked, off goes the finger..

It looks just like that..and if so, you have a rare steering wheel..

Ian.

Totally different steering wheel. Those were woodgrained rims. They did have sort of similiar thin spokes with a single long opening in the spoke, but so did some gm woodgrain wheels.

Totally different steering wheel. Those were woodgrained rims. They did have sort of similiar thin spokes with a single long opening in the spoke, but so did some gm woodgrain wheels.

Shows you how good my memory is some days :)

Thanks for clearing this up...

Ian.

Jeep

[ame]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-CJ-76-86-STEERING-WHEEL-HORN-BUTTON-SET-Factory-OEM-/161288573867?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AJeep&hash=item258d8c53ab&vxp=mtrp[/ame].

Here's a Recall Wheel................

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 98
Thanks for the replies. I couldn't recall a factory one with a foam grip but didn't remember seeing an aftermarket one like this either.
Evidently it's aftermarket, though.
Dallas

-
Back