What is this throttle mount?

-

Trevor B

Reaction score
I am looking for something like this - sorry about the blurry pics - I stole them off a Craigslist ad in Texas. What is this mount in the first three pictures? Is there anywhere I might find one?

slantsix1.jpg
slantsix2.jpg
slantsix3.jpg

Here (last picture) is the linkage that came on MY slant six and is unsatisfactory with the carb and kickdown (Holley 2209?).
Thanks for your knowledge!
20161101_154505.jpg

Last edited:
Appears to be some kind of adapter to use that cable kick-down assembly. Maybe check Lokar or Bouchillon's website.

Thanks - I tried both. Both negatory. I wonder if someone fabricated this?

Oh, sorry...I thought your Q was about the last photo.

The piece in the 1st 3 pics does look home-cooked.......

The last pic looks like a lokar kit. I don't know if they make /6 stuff and someone could have modified a v8 kickdown to work.

The last pic is my engine. There is a Lokar kickdown on it and it is not properly aligned. Throttle connection is crappy too!

No offense, I honestly can't tell much from the photos. What little I can see just looks like factory 1-bbl linkage and an unusually thick stud on that Holley carb.

Interesting.
Does anyone have the correct geometry for how the throttle bracket should be set up? Perhaps I could fabricate one myself.
So - should the throttle and kickdown cables be coming straight back from the carb?

On the factory Holley 1bbl, the linkages come up from below. On a Carter 2bbl setup, they would be parallel and go straight back toward the firewall.

Here are a couple photos of a Holley setup. Not completely focused on what you need, I'm afraid. I'm running a 2bbl now so I can't take any more.
IMG_0807.JPG
IMG_3344.JPG

Thank you - is this the 2 bbl or 1 bbl in the pictures?. I had noticed the throttle and kickdown are not horizontal but sloping upward on the 1 bbl. Are they straight on the 2 bbl?

-
Back