What is this type of car called?

-
We did that to an old station wagon once and called it a "fair weather ride". Now, I would just call it stupid. No offense.

If you did this at all, I would make the doors to where they could not open and hide some sort of support in there. Then you would have to climb over the doors to get in and out, otherwise, like stated.. Do not do this, that is unless there is no value to your life.. and if so.. just buy a bike.

I value my life....and ride a bike....what are you getting at? Have covered well over a quarter of a million miles on a bike....been on the ground once.....and that was from my own stupidity...

A lot of guys on bikes.....notice I did not call them bikers......get in trouble by there own ignorance of there surroundings. As a bike, I am well aware of zombies in steel cages blind spots. If a biker gets taken out by said zombie it is nobodies fault but there own. Personally, bike riding has made me a better cage driver. I watch zombie cage drivers hands, watch to see if they are looking in either mirror, pay attention to what tire track/lane I am in when in traffic just to name a few...

Zombie cage driver?

zombie-driver.jpg

Sold my 73 Scamp to some good ol boys down here in south Mississippi. They have already cut the top and started the reinforcements. Here is the kicker: they are making it into a ratrod looking contraption. You know the look: Junkyard patina, side pipes, 500 HP. It ought to be interesting.

I will get pics when I can get over to see it. I like the idea. Waiting to see the execution.

Do not do this, that is unless there is no value to your life.. and if so.. just buy a bike.

So maybe I should sell my old Mopars and buy something safer like a new Volvo? Put in some subframe connectors, torque boxes and maybe a couple other reinforements and you`ll have a much stronger unibody than any factory convertible. As long you are not hacking up a nice 340 car or something just do it and have fun with it!

The resale value after cutting the top off will be on par with a used hydraulic jumping car

-
Back