What is this?

-

yooper822

Joe Roberts
Reaction score
I found this in the grime of the engine compartment on my 66 cuda with the /6 when I took it all apart. I have been meaning to ask you guys if this belongs under the hood and if so what is it>
Thanks Joe
246636_2108286111003_1361076797_2499131_350989_n.jpg

Looks like a busted paper clip.
Actually, not having any reference for size it's hard to tell. Kind of looks like a hook used to support brake calipers to not stress rubber lines.
How big is it?

It's pretty small. I don't even know if it belongs I have never seen one of these before but figured I'd better hang on to it just in case?
249536_2108337552289_1361076797_2499206_6822204_n.jpg

Not a clue, I didn't find anything tha looked like that when I pulled my /6 from my 65 Barracuda.
Perhaps a loom for a wiring harness?

Maybe some sort of loom retainer, like you could stick the double end in a big inner fender/firewall hole and then clip the single end into another hole to capture some wires? didnt see it my '65 either and I have been through that engine bay MANY times...Ask SlantSix Dan Or Dave Dutra.

Loom for the harness makes sense to me, just wonder where it belongs. It's no show stopper but I'm curious and just want to know where it goes?

This is the retainer in your unilateral phase detractor which is an important component of the turbo encabulator:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Turbo Encabulator‬‏[/ame]

or in a slightly different light:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVVKEsPeLtI&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Retro Encabulator‬‏[/ame]

It looks like the old metal hose hangers we used to have at the auto store for displaying radiator hoses.

Headliner Bow - Retaining Clip. Most of the time these show up under the rear seat.

It looks like the old metal hose hangers we used to have at the auto store for displaying radiator hoses.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards this as well, but I'll throw it in a zip lock bag and hang on to it.

I havn't had the headliner apart yet so I couldnt comment on the retainer clips? This car has been anything but normal, I found the engine bay build tag inside the driver door? Never a dull moment around my garage.....

Throw it away.....you'll find out what it fits in a day or two.....or if you take off on a trip out of town. The farther you drive, the more important it will become.

-
Back