What is up with Schumacher

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
More than half of their products show out of stock and it's been like that for over a year now.

I can't even get big block mounts for a sweptline pickup anymore. What gives

Good question!

Someone getting old and tired?
Suppliers not coming through?
Bad employees?

Good question!

Someone getting old and tired?
Suppliers not coming through?
Bad employees?
I met Mr. Schumacher at Mopar Nationals a few years back
If I was a betting man, I'd say someone is getting old and tired.
You'd think it would be a business that could be sold. The name is reputable enough that it would be an asset.
People do weird things.

More than half of their products show out of stock and it's been like that for over a year now.

I can't even get big block mounts for a sweptline pickup anymore. What gives

Probably don’t need them for a swap. You have a post going or PM me. Craig

The site always says out of stock so you will need to call and see if he's got them.The torque strap I bought was out of stock on the site but in stock when I called.

I hope he didn't get into Meth and start down that terrible path.

I want to buy a set of their big block tri y headers for my upcoming big block swap. The site always says out of stock. I called the other day and the man said 4 to 6 weeks until they are available.

Try Mancini. They carry Schumacher stuff. They may have what you need in stock. @Rainy Day Auto

If shumacher doesn't have any and mancini sells out their stock, then mancini is at the mercy of shumacher to make another run...

I have seen from other posts that mancini and shumacher are out of stock on the 340/360 a-body mounts also...

Once the production tooling is made for the parts (which it already has been made from previous runs), all they have to do is order the proper thickness of metal... Cut the metal to the proper shape, punch the holes for the mounting bolts, and put it in the press to bend it....

I know the metal is available, so there is no reason that they shouldn't be able to make another run of them...

I hope he didn't get into Meth and start down that terrible path.

No, he’s a good guy. Went to his place about 20 years ago. Nice guy. Runs his business out of his home. He lives in the Seattle burbs. If memory serves me right I think he has an engineer background. He’s also an artist. Lots of his paintings around his house. Vietnam Nam vet, painting probably therapy. When I visited he looked to be in his mid 50s so that probably puts him in his 70s.

Michael is a standup guy. I had fitment issues with my RB and when I emailed him he quickly responded with specific measurements.

His last email was he wanted my address to send another set of mounts but I declined and made everything fit (not sure the mounts are the issue.)

My point is call and ask point blank about your needs. I think he will give you the skinny....

JW

If shumacher doesn't have any and mancini sells out their stock, then mancini is at the mercy of shumacher to make another run...

I have seen from other posts that mancini and shumacher are out of stock on the 340/360 a-body mounts also...

Once the production tooling is made for the parts (which it already has been made from previous runs), all they have to do is order the proper thickness of metal... Cut the metal to the proper shape, punch the holes for the mounting bolts, and put it in the press to bend it....

I know the metal is available, so there is no reason that they shouldn't be able to make another run of them...

UNLESS he is going out of business.

This was a joke, people.
Who takes up Meth when in their 70s? That is like putting a 350 shot of nitrous on a 300,000 mile engine.

Yet both have been done. lol

Yet both have been done. lol
While I did take Kerndogs joke as such, why KD wrote that is was a joke IDK. No neon sign needed here for that funny post. Your post is also accurate. The wife is a RN at the local jail and the tails of craziness that come in are just that. And yes, new drug addicts are born every day of any age.

More accurately: Amateur "Stunt" riders that show no respect for classic cars that could easily be destroyed when their stupid motorcycle tricks get out of control.

If these guys were doing tricks around a bunch of beat up daily driver cars, I'd be far more understanding about it.

-
Back