what is your daily shooter?

-
So I've had lots of firearms, rifles, shotguns, and a revolver.

On black friday I almost bought a Ruger Security 9. Decided to wait till I could research a little bit. Actually found even better deals online, cheaper than the black friday price.

Would this be a good choice for a first semi-auto pistol? definitely in the right price range, around $300.
Anybody have one, what the good, bad?

View attachment 1715253392

not familiar with that one, but if it is anything like my ruger SR9, you'll love it

So I've had lots of firearms, rifles, shotguns, and a revolver.

On black friday I almost bought a Ruger Security 9. Decided to wait till I could research a little bit. Actually found even better deals online, cheaper than the black friday price.

Would this be a good choice for a first semi-auto pistol? definitely in the right price range, around $300.
Anybody have one, what the good, bad?

View attachment 1715253392
Depends on what you want it for.
I'm a 1911 guy, but I understand the strengths and weaknesses of that firearm, too. It's just what I trained with, what I know blindfolded and what is easy for me to manipulate left handed.

The security 9, is considered a midsize, so smaller and lighter than a 1911, and probably easier to concealed carry, although that's not a big concern right now. Basically just want it for home defense, and recreational shooting.
I did watch a few youtube reviews and looks like a good choice to me. Simple to shoot, simple to breakdown, no fancy bells and whistles.

Years ago I tried shooting a friends 1911. To me it seemed big and heavy, and I couldn't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with it....

The security 9, is considered a midsize, so smaller and lighter than a 1911, and probably easier to concealed carry, although that's not a big concern right now. Basically just want it for home defense, and recreational shooting.
I did watch a few youtube reviews and looks like a good choice to me. Simple to shoot, simple to breakdown, no fancy bells and whistles.

Years ago I tried shooting a friends 1911. To me it seemed big and heavy, and I couldn't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with it....
My wife really liked a Ruger 9mm that I can't remember the model of right now. If I remember right, it had a rotating bolt and shot really smooth. She just wasn't fond of the grip and liked my .45 better. So she ended up with a Rock Island 9mm tactical that is all types of giggly to shoot.

She's currently fond of the Smith and Wesson M&P and the Springfield EMP 9mm. (Huge price difference between the two.)

Wheel Gun.
B3BAA2F1-45FA-466C-8133-13D745358CE0.png

20181019_105700.jpg

My target 22lr...and critters when the opportunity presents itself. Cz455 cdn edition with a vortex rimfire 4-9x scope.

20181122_141208.jpg

Tula sks and typ56

-
Back