what is YOUR definition of a TRUE survivor?

-

Bulldozer

free ice cream sandwiches
Reaction score
with all the debate and comments on what defines a true survivor car, lets hear what your definition what a "survivor" car is. in my opinion , if a car has been repainted, rebuilt and is using aftermarket parts that have replaced original parts, this car is NOT a survivor, especially if a frame rail has been repaired. if the car has never been crashed, and is equipped with all of its original equipment and has never been repainted or repaired and with the exception of regular maintenance parts (brake pads, spark plugs ,filters etc) this car is a true survivor. now lets hear from you guys.

i figured with all the comments and such in the classifieds, a thread to express your opinion on these cars was in order and may help those out there that arent sure how some of us define a survivor car.

with all the debate and comments on what defines a true survivor car, lets hear what your definition what a "survivor" car is. in my opinion , if a car has been repainted, rebuilt and is using aftermarket parts that have replaced original parts, this car is NOT a survivor. if the car has never been crashed, and is equipped with all of its original equipment and has never been repainted or repaired and with the exception of regular maintenance parts (brake pads, spark plugs ,filters etc) this car is a true survivor. now lets hear from you guys.

x2 I agree with this definition. Perishables are okay to change.

I think a survivor has to be at least 99% of what it left the factory with. If it was in a accident and repaired correctly then I think it is still a survivor. I agree that consumables can be replaced but should be done with oe replacements.

Agreed the vehicle must retain all of the origanal paint, parts and interior [brakes,belts,hoses ect] are not included. I promote my 66 cuda as 80% orig. as i have converted to disks,4 bbl,dual exhaust,paint color,interior color,wheels. The overall car is orig. as are the underhood parts most have not been replaced,just repainted or rebuilt. But i'm not bothered by non numbers match non orig. vehicles.

50% untouched in all catagories is considered a survivor.
engine
body
chassis
according to the cheby pros.

i dont believe a new interior, a new repaint, a new carb and headers, constitutes a survivor car. if frame work has been done due to an accident then other parts must have been replaced. i guess you could say it "survived" the accident and is still on the road.

one that starts and drives.. seemed to survive if it can do that

with all the debate and comments on what defines a true survivor car, lets hear what your definition what a "survivor" car is. in my opinion , if a car has been repainted, rebuilt and is using aftermarket parts that have replaced original parts, this car is NOT a survivor, especially if a frame rail has been repaired. if the car has never been crashed, and is equipped with all of its original equipment and has never been repainted or repaired and with the exception of regular maintenance parts (brake pads, spark plugs ,filters etc) this car is a true survivor. now lets hear from you guys.

your right

Or the the cd player hahaha ... theres 3 more things on that car can some one tell me what they are hahaha

Not touched but maintenance.
A pic of my 71 slant, 3 on tree, 3.91 80K.
I tried to buy it off the original owner, but he would not sell.
He passed and someone else grabbed it, luck would have it, my sister worked with the guy that bought it and I got it off him.
I added the centerlines, but it had the original 16" wheels, hubcaps bias tires on the front and winter bias on the rear.
The bed hardly had any dents in it.

truck43104.jpg

That truck nails survivor. Did you keep the original wheels?

I put the original wheels and caps in storage.
I gave them to the guy that bought the truck off me after I wrecked it a couple of years ago.
I drove that truck for a daily driver for over 5yrs, black ice on an interstate bridge hit gaurd rail head on at 60 mph.

wreck4.jpg

-
Back