What leafs do you guys use?

-
burntorange, how do you like those leafs?? What do you use for shocks

I have no complants so far I realy like them. I have been running stock auto parts shocks with them. I do plan on getting some gas shocks of some kind though. Mabby some KYB's or Eddy's.

Not to hijack, but, I am trying to find out more about my springs on my 68 barracuda. I was going to upgrade until I found 6 leafs on each side. Thought they would be 5 leafs or 5 on left 6 on right. Any ideas? I will see if there is a part # on the bottom leaf next time I go under it.

Found a pic with the part number on my springs 2835132.

Found a pic with the part number on my springs 2835132.

That is the same part # on my 68 Barracuda - it is a 318 notchback, and they are 6 leaf units. I am deciding whether to take the springs into a local spring repair shop and have them re-arched/rebuilt for about $150 or buy new for $300. I like the looks of the XHD stance on the few photos posted here.

Here are the new XHD ones my Bride bought for me as an early Christmas gift from Mancini Racing. Delivered to our door here in TN. total cost $258.00, shipping included.
BTW, on the shipping invoice are instructions as to which is passenger side and which one is the driver's side set.

HPIM1315.jpg

HPIM1319.jpg

HPIM1338.jpg

HPIM1337.jpg

HPIM1334.jpg

Those look good - so shipping was only about $40 or so? Is there a way to get shipping costs on the Mancini site without putting in the full order? I tried putting in my address and zip code, but a shipping cost never popped up. I bet shipping to Phoenix would be double that.

Hey guys i'm in the process of doing a /6 to 360 swap in my scamp and i will obviosly need to look at changing my suspension parts. My question to you guys it what leaf springs have you guys used on you cars. I would like a bit of an aggressive stance but don't want it to be cheesy you know. If you guys could let me know what you use and post a pic. that would be awesome. Just an FYI i don't know if it matters but i'm planning on likely using KYB gas adjust shocks. Thanks guys!!!!

ESPO 1" over stock springs are the way to go on an A-body imho. My shocks are good old cheap Monro Gas-Matics.

Hey guys i'm in the process of doing a /6 to 360 swap in my scamp and i will obviosly need to look at changing my suspension parts. My question to you guys it what leaf springs have you guys used on you cars. I would like a bit of an aggressive stance but don't want it to be cheesy you know. If you guys could let me know what you use and post a pic. that would be awesome. Just an FYI i don't know if it matters but i'm planning on likely using KYB gas adjust shocks. Thanks guys!!!!

I have thjose shocks and used new springs, 6 leaf on each side with a 1 inch over bend for some lift in the rear.
ESPO.com has the springs I used. Launchs straight though I'm not exactly sporting an over powering engine.

It rides very well.

I think I'll pick up a set of the KYBs and make that part of the leaf spring install. I have a set of Monroe airshocks and will pull those and replace them with the KYBs.

Okay, I've crawled underneath the Dart and it appears that in order to do the new leaf springs install properly I should be instaling new U-bolts and rear connector shackles, in addition to cleaning and painting the mounting plates. I've found shackles and U-bolts @ Mancini Racing.
Anyone else been through this all before?

i'm putting a 225 with a 904 in a 67 val that had a three in the tree. i got every thing out of a 75 val, i dont like the steering column whats a good year/model to keep the classic look.

dart power, i've never been through that before but that all sounds like a pretty good idea. I know when i do mine it will be everything new, like u bolts etc.

Well, work continues on the Money Pit.
Top two shots are of the old suspension set up, and the next several are of the hardware and shock plates with their new coating of POR-15. You can see the new KYB Gas-A-Just shocks are mounted on the top end and the new leaf springs and new shackles & u-bolts are ready to go on next.
Bottom shot is of the new springs halfway through the POR-15 and topcoat of rattlecan paint.
Ran into a snag, though. The opening on the forward eyelet of the new leaf springs is significantly larger in diameter than the old ones. I bought these from Mancini Racing, and the solution we came up with was to either A.) Get a larger diameter bolt and drill out the opening in the shock plates, or B.) Find or fabricate a metal sleeve to go into the eyelet and fill the gap between the larger diameter and the old bolt.
Anyone run into this before?

HPIM1379.jpg

HPIM1381.jpg

HPIM1385.jpg

HPIM1386.jpg

HPIM1387.jpg

HPIM1390.jpg

HPIM1391.jpg

HPIM1392.jpg

HPIM1393.jpg

HPIM1365.jpg

KYBs are fine, for a street car, with handling upgrades. Cheap is good. I'd like Konis but I can't afford them either.

I said I've heard lots of bad things about the KYB, and nothing but good things about the QA1. The KYB are cheap. The QA1 are not, in comparison. That should say something to you. I haven't used KYB myself, so my experience is hearsay only. I have the 12 way single adjustable QA1s and love them. The front are at 6 clicks from full soft, and the rear at 2 clicks from full soft. The car was a piece of crap before the shocks.

Got the Money Pit back from the garage today. All went well and according to plan.
Drove home in 35 degree weather from the shop; thankfully no snow or rain.

HPIM1394.jpg

HPIM1395.jpg

HPIM1396.jpg

HPIM1397.jpg

The SS springs are designed for, and don't work well for cornering. They are too stiff, that is, they reduce cornering ability. As for shocks, I've heard good things about QA1 shocks. I have a set on my Charger, and what a difference. They are awesome. I've never heard anyone complain about them. I've heard many bad reports about the KYBs.

Which QA1 shock series are you using, they go from 60 bucks to 300 plus.

Which QA1 shock series are you using, they go from 60 bucks to 300 plus.
I got the Stocker Stars, at around $150 each,I think. They are TC1538P and TC1539P. I got them for a Dart, but wasn't driving that car at the time. The Charger needed new shocks, and they were the same parts, so I tried them out.

In the earlier posts, some one was asking about SS springs coming on 340 A Body cars. In 71 you could get SS springs and a 3.91 gear on a Duster from the factory as a package option. I don't recall if there was anything else in the pkg.. But I'm pretty sure it was the SS springs, but I could be wrong, cause that was a while back.
I just put some SS springs on my 340 Duster. The SS springs have an extra half leaf on the pass. side. This makes the car sit a little higher on the pass. side. It doesn't bother me a bit, because I know it's there for a purpose. To offset the torque of the engine that is trying to lift the right tire. To keep it from spinning.
When I got my Duster back on the ground I checked my pinion angle and my shackel angle and they were both wrong. I hadn't checked them before. I just wanted to get rid of those sagging springs. Automatics 5-7 pinion angle and the bottom of the shackle should be more toward the rear of the car when compared to the top of the shackle. BETTER CHECK.

Dart power,

How do you like the stance with the Mancini XHD springs? Any pics after the install? I'm looking into upgrading the springs on my '70 Swinger and I'm considering the Mancini XHDs or the ESPO 1" over stock. I see a lot of pics with the Mancini XHD's on Dusters and in my opinion the rear looks too high. Haven't seen any on a Dart, but I'm thinking the way the wheel opening is formed in a Dart quarter the Manicini XHD's won't look bad.

I really like the stance; it has just a bit of an upkick or rake, and doesn't sit like it was smacked in the backside and never came back down.
I'll post a shot today of it's current appearance so you can judge whether it's what you're interested in.

-
Back