What magazines do you read?

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
And I mean CAR magazines, by the way.
Which ones do you think give the most bang for the buck in terms of quality and quantity of content, and number of issues for the subscription rate? If you had to choose only one to read, which one would it be?

Don't be embarassed if it happens to be one that is not MOPAR-related.

Just curious,
Jerry

Hemmings Muscle Machines.....great photos and a lot of rare neat cars. They had a 4-speed convertible Fury a while back.....and a 4-speed Grand Prix......AMC "The Machine". Not just the run of the mill stuff.

Mopar Muscle
Mopar Collectors Guide
Mopar Enthusiast
Mopar Action
Car Craft
Hot Rod
Popular Hot Rodding
Those are the ones I subscribe to at least.
Other ones I pick up when a good article comes up are:
Hemmings Muscle Machines
Muscle Car Review
RaceTech
Racecar Engineering (these two are British and expensive, but awesome info for me being an engineering student)
Performance Racing Industry (get it at work)
Vintage Oval Racer
Grassroots Motorsports
Racer
...yeah...I read a lot haha

I stopped reading Mopar Muscle and let my sub. lapse. The tech is subpar IMO. Never find anything interesting in it anymore. I have a Car Craft sub. that I plan to let go of. That magazine is mind-numbingly bad right now, there's been nothing worth reading in there for a couple years. Only reason I get it is because it's like $10 a year and I figure I'll buy at least two a year. Same thing with Hot Rod even though Dave is back at the helm.

Hemmings Muscle Machines is the best. I also Read Mopar Action. I love the Rodder's Journal but that's almost a coffee table book. Every now and again I'll get Muscle Car Review. I get Engine Masters too, Stecve Dulcich always has something interesting to read. I don't read Mopar Enthusiast or MCG.

So there it is:

Mopar Action
Engine Masters
Rodder's Journal
Muscle Car Review
Hot Rod Deluxe
Engine Masters

Mopar Muscle
Mopar Action
Hot Rod
Car Craft
Popular Hot Rodding

Occasionally Hemmings Muscle and Muscle car review(co-workers bring in)

Happiest with the Mopar mags,just cause there all Mopar and dont like looking at all the Chevy adds.

I subscribe to Mopar Action, although I'm tiring of all of the Hemi this, Hemi that and the E-body and Keisler articles. I've started referring to it as Hemi Keisler magazine or Hemi E-body magazine with a couple of my buddies.

I also read Car and Driver, Motor Trend & Hot Rod since my father in law subscribes and I get them when he's done with them. Car & Driver is still great. Motor Trend has sucked ever since C. Van Tune left the editor's position a few years ago. I don't know who the editor is now, but Motor Trend sucks now.

Hot Rod has been getting better and better over the last 5 years or so. They have a lot more variety than they used to. Unfortunately, David Freiburger is no longer the editor. He is a huge Mopar fan.

Mopar Muscle
Mopar Collectors Guide
Mopar Enthusiast
Mopar Action
Car Craft
Hot Rod
Popular Hot Rodding

73duster47 and I should exchange magazines and cut our subscriptions in half 'cause we both subscribe to the same mags.

Mopar Muscle (how I found this site)
Hemmings Muscle Machines
Hot Rod Magazine
With those three and this site, fills my time nicely.
Got the latest MM yesterday.

73duster47 and I should exchange magazines and cut our subscriptions in half 'cause we both subscribe to the same mags.

We're both in So Cal too haha. All those subscriptions are shared between me and my dad. Also forgot Mopar Magazine put out by Mopar every other month, and Viper Magazine

Mopar Collectors Guide.
Its not a bad magazine, it's dirt cheap to subscribe to, and on top of that, they give you a free T-shirt every year.
I used to get Motor and Motor Age when I was working at a Dodge dealer. I did like a lot of the articles they both had.

Mopar Muscle
Mopar Collectors Guide
Mopar Action
Car Craft
Hot Rod
Hemmings Muscle Machines

I personally subscribe to:
Car Craft
Car & Driver - usually their comparos are too import-friendly for my taste, I mostly get it for the industry info on upcoming models.

I'll occasionally pick up the odd issue of:
Mopar Muscle
Mopar Action
Mopar Collectors Guide - probably my favorite of the ones I randomly grab, except for how oddly political they've been in the issues I've seen lately.

My Grandfather subscribes to, and usually gives me:
Hemmings Muscle Machines
Street Thunder

Mopar Collectors guide.
Ol skool rodz
car kulture deluxe
mopar muscle
engine masters

i used to subscribe to mopar collectors guide, but let it fall because i needed to save money one year and stopped reading it for about 4 years except the odd issue

I am very faithful to Car Kulture Deluxe and Ol skool rodz I have been reading them since they first started.

the others are random buys

Hot Rod Magazine
Mopar Action
Mopar Muscle
Muscle Car Review

The mopar mags are by far the best for your buck...if you are a Mopar fan! Really who isn't!

Mopar Muscle
Mopar Action
Garage
Hot Rod Delux
Rod & Kulture
Various old 70's M/C mags (I know I went there)

Oh yeah......Mopar Muscle?.....yeah, pretty good. Mopar Action?......oh definitely!....pretty darn good tech section, but geez, try and find that magazine anywhere here in CA.....

Hot Rod Delux is totally cool magazine.......I'm sure some of you saw that straight axle, altered wheelbase '64 Dart, right?

I must be the uber magazine nerd.I will read anything about wheels.Everything you guys named,I read if I can get my hands on it.I'll even read the minivan roadtests in womans whatever!My unholy trinity has always been Car Craft,Popular Hot Rodding and Hot Rod.I have a pretty decent copy of Popular Hot Rodding Number 1 from 1962!Worse than a mag reader,I'm a mag pack rat-I have literally 100's (1000s?) of mags going back into the 1940's.One of the saddest days of my life was about 5 years ago when a barn was destroyed,and I lost about 3500 magazines.(To be fair, if that is the worst thing life ever throws at me,I'm a lucky man)

-
Back