what models were polic cars?

-

freshayr

Reaction score
I am thinking for my next project I would like to do a police car. Gumball on top, etc. What year and models were police cars in the 60's and 70's? thanks

There is a '71 Coronet and a '77 Monaco Royal Brougham (Washington State Patrol only ordered these) in White Center-aka 'Rat City'. They are about 1/2 mile between each other in yards. Anybody in the area can cruise up Delridge and see the Monaco, but the Coronet is behind the house. Passed on a '76 Dart squad for $450 this summer (former Olympia PD car). Know where another is, but the SPD wants to put that one in their museum :salut: . I like cop cars...can you tell?

well its sorta a mopar but in 1971 The Arizona? Troopers used AMC Javilin AMX's with 401's

I'll tell you what, Ive been wanting another car - an old police mopar like the ones in Hazzard county! Those Dukes of Hazzard cop cars were cool! I don't know the exact year or flavor but I think they are late 70's Furys. (?) - JD

And 'coffin-nosed' AMC Matadors'...oh, Alabama State Patrol used 401 Javelins'; there is one at the motorsports museum @ Talladega

-
Back