What Modification Do You Regret?

-
Not a Mopar and not my car but back in 1986 my friend bought a low mileage all original 1973 Mach 1 Mustang. After driving it a few months he decided to make a bracket car out of it. I begged him not too, but he took out the cutting wheel and took out every wire in the car, cut the dash frame and supports out, and generally tore the car apart, only to sell it a few months later as a parts car!

I bought an original 68 gts 340/auto dart. It wasn't perfect but rust free and definately a driver, less engine. A friend got it from us andmade it into a bracket car that ran at Carlsbad raceway in the 80's He cut the inner doors frames out and the supports from behind the back seat. well we traded back for it and took the engine and trans out. This is about 1985 and no one wanted it so we litterally cut it into pieces and sold it for scrap! Kills me now.

Ok lowering my old truck and not putting new shocks on it and well letting others move it after hmmmm how to get it out oh i remember rev and floor it btw i cant say who put it there

Building my 500 wedge so radical for the street. Wish I had a tame little street motor for long trips at times. But then again when a mustang pulls up along side and they wont even look at me its priceless.

My second '69 Dart had a junk 426 wedge in it when I got it, but was bolted to a big block k-frame. Well I had this Hemi that was goin' in with elephant ears, so I just lopped off the motor mounts. Not a problem. Wasn't 'tll quite a few years latter that I realized how stupid that was.

I let an "experienced metal man" mini tub my dart and he used it as a teaching tool. He let another young man do a lot of the welding and they turned out like sh*t!! I have spent the better part of the last two years slowly fixing what I paid to have done right. The guy who did it thinks he did an acceptable job and thinks that I'm a jerk because I'm still mad and won't talk to him when I see him around at shows and swap meets!!! :angry4:

-
Back