what needs to be changed in a 72 340 to be like a 70 340?

-
yea, ill fork out the money for headers again. i just hate the ground hugging ones that get all bent up after the first trip down the road

Oh hell JOE pull your motor and stuff 10 grand in the carb. Send it to me and I'll have the same man build yours that built mine. I promise happiness. Good luck Steve

yea, ill fork out the money for headers again. i just hate the ground hugging ones that get all bent up after the first trip down the road

The Dougs tuck up tight like the TTIs so no ground clearance issues.

Unless you plan to get radical I would expect around 400 horsepower.You can use 340 manifolds if you do some basic porting to the exposed areas but the critical thing is get a custom cam that has a wider lobe seperation and more exhaust timing and you would still be very close to 375-390 which is easy 12s.Beside some mods to the manifolds the big reason the stock class cars go so fast is cam timing,they have to have a mellow idle and push air through restrictive exhaust and the cam is the crucial piece to make that happen.

Unless you plan to get radical I would expect around 400 horsepower.You can use 340 manifolds if you do some basic porting to the exposed areas but the critical thing is get a custom cam that has a wider lobe seperation and more exhaust timing and you would still be very close to 375-390 which is easy 12s.Beside some mods to the manifolds the big reason the stock class cars go so fast is cam timing,they have to have a mellow idle and push air through restrictive exhaust and the cam is the crucial piece to make that happen.

This is true. Most off the shelf performance cams need headers and when you run manifolds the scavenging of headers is not there and that is where the big drop in power comes from.

-
Back