what new shocks' are u guys riding on ?

-

tiltedsix

Reaction score
I have a 69' Dart base 225......im looking to change my shocks....and since there s so many brands......what are you guys riding../..dart/valiant/scamps.....thanks for your time

The 71 Demon is on KYB's, and I have adjustable Koni's on the 65 Cuda. KYB's ride nice and made the car handle quite well on the street, I haven't driven the Cuda so I can't offer a comparison. I bought the KYB's with my suspension parts for when they had them 50% off.

I am ridding on old Monroe air shocks they work just fine, I think.....

I love the Monroe Matic gas shocks for the street. Been running them for 30 years now. Avail at just suspension for $17 - $20 each.

I run KYB's on my Challenger at the moment and Bilsteins on my Duster. Both cars have 1.12" torsion bars, so the wheel rate on the Duster is higher (300 lb/in vs 270). But the Duster rides much better than the Challenger. Obviously both are pretty firm, but the KYB's on the Challenger definitely give a harsher ride than the Bilsteins. Since the Challenger has less spring rate (longer bars) and is a heavier car, it really shows how important shocks can be. The Challenger handles great, but the Duster, even with the higher spring rate, is more comfortable to drive and handles even better.

KYB Gas-Adjust on 1964 Dart GT, vast improvement over dead Monroes.

I run KYB's on my Challenger at the moment and Bilsteins on my Duster. Both cars have 1.12" torsion bars, so the wheel rate on the Duster is higher (300 lb/in vs 270). But the Duster rides much better than the Challenger. Obviously both are pretty firm, but the KYB's on the Challenger definitely give a harsher ride than the Bilsteins. Since the Challenger has less spring rate (longer bars) and is a heavier car, it really shows how important shocks can be. The Challenger handles great, but the Duster, even with the higher spring rate, is more comfortable to drive and handles even better.

right, the KYB's are good for a car with a bar under 1", above that the ride gets harsh. The bilsteins were designed around the big bars and work!

KYB's all the way around on my Scamp.
Edelbrock IAS shocks on my Road Runner all around.
I like 'em both.

What's the consensus on the Edelbrock IAS? I've heard about them ever since they came out but haven't heard how good they are...

My experience with the Edelbrock ias shocks is limited to the street. They ride nice and seem like a stiffer shock.
As far as handeling, I don't do anything that resembles slalom racing so I can't say anything about heavy cornering.

I actually think they have been discontinued - which isn't a good sign...

qa1 double adjustables up front and single adjustable in the rear. can dial in firm street ride then click a switch and loosen her up for the strip.

-
Back