What oil are you using

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
Since Its almost time for my yearly oil change in the demon just was curious to hear what everyone is running for oil,
I myself will be using 15w50 Mobil one full synthetic oil
How bout you?

Exact same stuff I use in all my vehicles, Mobil 1 5W-30 full Syn. With a wix filter.

Valvoline 10/30 Racing and a Wix filter.

10W-30 Amsoil Synthetic or VR-1 10W-30
With an Amsoil Filter or Bosch/Purolator filter.

Yep My father's an Amsoil Dealer so I always get a good deal. :):coffee2:

LUCAS High Performance 20-50 for break in and Synthetic Mobil One afterwards.

Usually mobile 1 full synthetic but now I'm going to use royal purple since they sell gallons at Walmart. Dustin

Ya, I was thinking of changing weights, last year I used 5w30 but I think I will use 15w40 this year. We carry both in bulk at my work. The way I see it is its a only a little thicker cold and will stay thicker when hot. Both conventional oil.

We had started out with Royal Purple in our '70 Roadrunner but began to hear bad things about it. We were told that it would get dark and sludgy quick. Sure enough, after a few thousand miles that's what we saw too. We've still got 2 cases of it in the garage and will use it up but we probably won't run it between changes more than 2000 miles. Once it's gone we won't be buying it again.

I used Mobil1 15-50 fully synthetic for ages, gave it some thought and switched to 10-40....man what a difference, was like unlocking 20-25 free horsepower, the motor is high mileage and I guess it was just too tired to pump the thicker oil. Totally suprised !!!

Clean convention oil and a Wix filter. That synthetic s*it leaks like a sieve.

As 1970Duster said, conventional oil...from dinosaurs

It's actually mainly from plants :)

Does the Royal Purple stuff at WalMart have the right additives in it for flat tappets? I saw it was race oil, or some such label, but saw nothing else on the bottle that mentioned ZDDP. I was hoping to find something I could buy in the 5 quart containers to save a little money.

Mobile Delvac 15-W40 and Wix filter.
Polished M72HV pump.
Block passages enlarged per Hensley Performance catalog.

-
Back