What oil pump to use.

-
If it's a counterfeit unit I will take appropriate action with Amazon and also contact Melling with the seller information, will know tomorrow. The only reason to buy from Amazon is to get free shipping price is pretty much same as Summitt or Rock Auto. It was considerably more for the Melling pump than the known China units.

If it's a counterfeit unit I will take appropriate action with Amazon and also contact Melling with the seller information, will know tomorrow. The only reason to buy from Amazon is to get free shipping price is pretty much same as Summitt or Rock Auto. It was considerably more for the Melling pump than the known China units.
How will you know if it's counterfeit? Some of them are pretty good fakes.

$54 and in stock at O'Reilly's. Pull it out of the box and look at it. Mine has USA cast into the housing.

Received my oil pump today made in USA on outside of the box and pump itself marked USA, will look it over and compare it to another M72 I have had on the shelf for quite a while, so far it looks legit but I am not ready to say for sure. Though I might go to Orilley and maybe compare them side by side.

If in a truck you can replace the pump cover with a KEVCO cover that has a 5/8's inch draw pipe and a block out plug for the OEM pickup tube. The OEM tube is like a 3/8 inch inside diameter at the threaded end.

Not sure if you can get one for a center sump pan.

20191215_185923.jpg
Kevko M303 pickup.jpg
Pickup.jpg

Since I am running a deep pan I made my own.

Home and Kevko.jpg
Home made 1.jpg
Home made 2.jpg

-
Back