What parts/cars did you get/find at Spring Fling 2010??

-

autoxcuda

Reaction score
There were lots of great deals out there. I Johnny Dart saw an original 325 v-8 fan shroud for $100.

I saw a lot of manual boxes out there. And saw some change hands. Didn't get a price, but I doubt for $500.

I got: 68 GTS stainless wheel lip very nice one small ding in complete set of four, GTS door panel emblems, 1 Dart rocker spear, E-brock RPM intake, 1.18" T-bars, 68 Cuda H/L bucket that I can repair myself, near perfect 68 Dart H/L bezel, 68 Dart hood crome near perfect, Cal Custom V/covers modded for breathers, 1 NOS A-body door handle, 1 NOS C-body door handle, 69 340 block and caps STD bore..
All for just under $700 from a lot of different swappers. Did I pay gold prices for all of that???

The E-brock RPM intake was $80. Near perfect 68 Dart H/L bezel and 68 Dart complete 3pc hood chrome near perfect were $20 each

copyofpict1526.jpg

Hey AutoX. I was there too! I missed the meat up with everyone. I stopped by and met Ben. Nice guy! I was looking for you, but didn't find you. I only bought a couple things for my Dart from one of the venders. Just a fire wall gasket set, and front and rear windshield clips.

However, I did find a manual steering floor shift column for my 68 cuda, which was in EXTREMELY nice condition for 150 bucks! I grabbed it...looked at it..and thought..."I'ma think about this" Came back and hour later, and decided to buy it and it was GONE!!! OMG, I was sooo pissed!!! That really killed my day, and was really bummed out, so I went home early, like an hour later...I didn't even stay the 2nd day, which I had originally planned to do. I learned my lesson, and that's for sure!!! I'll never do that again...

You got some nice parts though Steve! And I saw many good deals! Everyone was nice too :)

Also, to anyone else that went, did you guys see those aluminum radiator setups with dual electric fans, that were made by Hot Rod City. They are located in San Bernardino. They looked like a nice product, and for $450 bucks, wasn't too bad I think. What did you think of them? (if you stopped by their tent)

The SMS Challengers were BAD! Now THOSE were new Challengers I would love to own!! I was afraid to ask the price.

I ended up buying a drive shaft for my 64 Dart with a 904 and a 8 3/4. This was an awesome score, and will allow me to finish this phase of the project much quicker. The guy said he paid $250 for a company here in Cali to build it for his sons 64 Dart...I bought it for $50 with a new U-Joint.

I also found an OBDII scanner, and already cleared the check engine light code from my truck...$30, and it is in new condition with all manuals, case, cable, etc.

I bought 3" wheel studs for my front disk brakes. $20 for 10.

I am very happy to have found the drive shaft...saved me a lot of coin for other stuff.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

I made out good as well. I bought a set of centerline rims, big pattern 15x3.5 and 15x10. They were exactly what I needed and I paid $200 for the set! Real nice condition. I also bought a Duster hood and front bumper with brackets for $60. Front LCAs and strut rods for $40. Torsion bars (318) for $2. All in all it was one of the biggest swap meets I have ever seen at the Fling. I also walked the cars and took a couple of hundred pics. Attendance looked like it was up as well. I really like the Flings. I had a great time.

This Spring Fling was the best. My car didn't blow up on the way there. I ate two bacon wrapped hot dogs. Got to talk to Jay Leno and see his Chrysler Turbine car. And meet some great Fabo members. I too pick up some stuff at the swap meet. A set of NEW 15x7 5 on 4 BP steelies for $125.

As far I drove the prices are to high and they don't want to deal Sunday was the last day and you think if you made a reasonable offer they would take your money and run and not haul the stuff back home. When we go to MATS on the last day I take the money and run.

As far I drove the prices are to high and they don't want to deal Sunday was the last day and you think if you made a reasonable offer they would take your money and run and not haul the stuff back home. When we go to MATS on the last day I take the money and run.

Sandy from Nova Scotia carried out this six pack setup for $300 on Sunday at 2pm. Now, I don't know what the story is with the condition.

Copy of PICT1866.JPG

Hey everybody !!!
Didnt make the meet but I was there Sat and Sun in the mornings. Got to meet SlantScamp and I believe 68cuda? with the 67 cuda? I picked up a Victor w2 intake and a woodgrain steering wheel not too bad. I will post some pics later. Hope to see other pics. Always good to see other Mopar enthusiast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-D

Sunday's score. New A-body console carpet in the box, $20. Door and hood hinges, and filler tube carpet cover FREE.

Copy of PICT1907.JPG

I was there Saturday selling parts in the back. Had the white 65 Barracuda with Centerlines on it for sale. Seen and met JohnnyDart. Had all kinds of parts some that were not going back home and were terrific deals. Some that were fair deals and some that I may need later and would only sell for the right price. Had a great time and what a great turn out on Saturday.

I was there for Saturday,planned on Sunday but sold all of my good stuff by 1 PM. It was a good day for reasonably priced items. I got rid of a bunch of stuff I no longer needed, and gave some people some good deals. Crackedback even bought some stuff and paid cash!!!(LOL)
I met GTXperience-Crackedback and a few others whose names have escaped me. I had a very good day and had quite a few laughs with people.

I made it out on Saturday and found front and rear re-chromed bumpers for my 66 Valiant. They looked awesome and I paid $450 for both. Brought my cores on Sunday so I didn't bring a car this year. Picked up a few odds and ends but was most happy about finding the bumpers.

This was the very back edge of the swap meet! =P~

SF10SteveWSatMd162.jpg

SF10SteveWSatMd168.jpg

That's a great show. Hope to make it back some day. It's been 6 years for me since the one time I've been there.

That's a great show. Hope to make it back some day. It's been 6 years for me since the one time I've been there.

There was a lot of 68 GTS stuff there. Big block K-members, exhaust manifolds.... 69 M-Code won best of show stock.

And do you know if the 67 GTS stainless whee lip moldings were used on some early 68's.

Best of Show Stock

SF10SteveWSunMd210.jpg

I was there both days. Only a couple of hours on Sat, 8-12 Sun. I guess my daughter and I missed Leno, did he show up late on the last day like last Fall?

I was there both days. Only a couple of hours on Sat, 8-12 Sun. I guess my daughter and I missed Leno, did he show up late on the last day like last Fall?

He was there for at least on hour. Well before noon, like 10:30 to 11:30.

Fling%204-2010%20%2818%29.JPG

hey guys. i didnt find much in the swap meet for my wagon. but i wasnt too suprised about that. i did pick up a suregrip and some 355's for my 8 1/4 from hawaiiduster for 250 bucks though! i just happened to be telling him i was looking from those parts and he just happened to have them in his car. i had a great time. i wasnt very talkative though because my allergies were killing me. cant wait for next year.

P4182338.jpg

uouu!!! nice deal you did.

20$ headlight bezel! I wish I could be there to buy driver side :D

-
Back