What phantom mopars would you like to build

-
Still working on mine. Its a 68 fastback lift off hood car similar to the 69 1/2 RR. 440 mechanical secondary six pack and 18 spline 4-speed. Mini tubbed for Dana out back. Some aluminum parts thrown in to keep the weight down. Heads, water pump housing, intake, transmission case and flywheel. Fiberglass six pack hood of course. Tachometer, 528 solid cam, Headers and big and little Fenton slot mags for a day two flavor. May even get a little lace paint someday, haven't got the body done yet.

What phantom (something that was never actually built by the factory)would you like to build or see built. For me it would be a 70 or 71 Dart Convertible and a 67 Dart altered wheelbase, and the Daru II (ok that one is a concept car rather than a phantom. But there are 2 things I am missing the talent to do this and or the money to do this. What's yours?

Wanted to convert 65 Signet to notch back Barracuda Formula S
or 65 convertible Formula S

69 440 6 pak Super Bee convertible

1970 T/A Challenger convertible

Mostly parts swapping - no custom work

Big block, 4 speed, T top 73/74 'Cuda.

2005 and up 5.7 Hemi Dakota R/T.

Gen I Charger or A body fastback with a hatchback.

Here's mine,
1968 Two door Dart for a base,
- 1970 340 block/motor with two extra cylinders to make it a V10, rear mounted like a Laborgini/corvair.
- A twelve pack of carburetors or Hilborn fuel injection or two four barrels w/ a Paxton super charger.
- CVT transmission, overdrive w/ Lenco style clutch.
- IRS rear suspension w/ 3:90 gears, 1-1/8" sway bar with 18" x 12" rims and 345/30R18 drag radials.
- Torsion bar front suspension, Borgenson power steering box, 1-1/8" sway bar with 18" x 9" rims and 255/40R18
- All Wheel drive?
- Widen the front and rear fenders about 8" in total, leaving the doors at the stock width. Front end grill area to be 8" wider but 4" lower (tilt the front of the hood and fenders down. Rear fenders to have a vertical opening/scoop at the front just behind the door. Tail panel to be stock width w/ AAR style spoiler. Full ground effects package.
- stretch the entire chassis 12".
- Two front seats only, recaro style.
- Windsheild tilted back 4", rear window to have a daytona super bird finish.
- Copper color w/ copper tribal ghost flames on the front.

:burnout:

Dodge Charger III would be my build if I had the dimensions and skills.

I'd like a 2000 Caravan Sport or ES with the 3.8L and all wheel drive in the short wheelbase model. That's a car I could drive everyday.

71 Challenger T/A, in yellow, on a wet road.

Attachments

• dodge-challenger-ta_71.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 288
Im doing mine right now!!....a 66 Barracuda convertible! Using a Signet convertible and changing all of the trim, interior, everything a Barracuda came with, my convertible will have! Gonna be the same color and stripe as my FB 66, or 2 tone copper and cream, can't decide!! Sending it out to the "Dodge33" boys to trade some floorpan work for some stuff they need done! Project thread coming soon!! Geof

1970 Dodge Charger R/T Mod Top convertible, B5 blue outside, white interior......with a white/blue mod top and a blue/white mod top pattern butt stripe

Hmmmmm I could think of a few.....

1968-1970 B-Body pickup (el-camino thing)
1970-1976 A-Body wagon
and shaker scoops and air grabber hoods on everything!

sportwagon.jpg

th

th

Images courtesy of allpar.com

Duster/Demon body with large ci Hemi, 4-speed, Dana, modified sharktooth grille up front and Demon tail panel out back. Street exhaust sysytem with resonators to quiet it down but with Electric cut-outs after the low restriction mufflers. Lowered stance, level at rest. Modern front suspension and 4 link in rear, r&p steering, air, music, tiilt column, no roll cage, full back seat.

Black on Black with black-out glass and black out grille, bumpers, etc...

Red LED's mounted all over the underside of the body, wheel wells, that are tied to throttle position so it glows red when you get into it.

really haven't thought about it much.......NOT!

Pete

Im doing mine right now!!....a 66 Barracuda convertible! Using a Signet convertible and changing all of the trim, interior, everything a Barracuda came with, my convertible will have! Gonna be the same color and stripe as my FB 66, or 2 tone copper and cream, can't decide!! Sending it out to the "Dodge33" boys to trade some floorpan work for some stuff they need done! Project thread coming soon!! Geof

I guess you better start looking for a wagon to build a Formula s wagon next in line????

I LOVE phantom cars! Had this discussion on HMM website.
Mopar phantom car?:scratch:
A non-tubbed Heni Colt (race only) would've been possible. or how about a '70 HemiDuster or actually building the (planned) 440/Max-Wedge topped Demon? A x-rammed Challenger T/A would have been easily possible. Of course Mopar could've offered a lightweight package in any of their performance cars by simply using aluminum as they did in the past.

A buddy of mine have talk about it several times

SRT 4 with stage 3 upgrade in a Prowler with all the a/c, cruise and gauges to work correctly

Shipping weight on my Prowler was 2820, buddy's 04 SRT 4 with stage 3 runs 11.80 in 1/4 and weighs close to 3300 lbs

Several have put Hemi's in the Prowler and they have over heating problem, no cruise or air in most and the trans will not hold up.

Just think the turbo 4 would be lighter and make killer power to make an easy 12 second car if tranny would live

-
Back