what phenolic spacer for eddy carb to stock 273 intake?

-

rigrunner

rigrunner
Reaction score
i have a stock 273 cast iron intake on a 318 with 600 eddy performer carb. runs great but is boiling fuel to the point it doesnt want to idle. does anyone have a part number for a phenolic spacer and a thickness recomendation to help with this? currently has an open 1inch aluminum spacer/adapter. thanks

A four hole would boost low and mid range torque slightly.An open one,would be a minimal gain on a stock four hole manifold.I would look for a Performer manifold.A used one,50 to 100.You will spend 30 to 50 on a spacer.

Moroso used to sell a heat isolator that was 4 aluminum plates and 5 gaskets (4-hole), worked like cooling fins. I ran a 1406 on a Wagoneer that had crazy underhood heat issues, and this solved 90% of my hot carb blues. Blocking the exhaust crossover in the manifold helped a lot as well.

thanks. car had been put off for a while and im planning on a intake change after new years. was thinking of trying a spacer for temporary help. being the intake is stock and the studs go thru the holes closest to the inside of the carb what spacer do i need? i have seen some but the holes dont line up with my studs thanks.

you just need the thick holley gasket ,comes with new studs and nuts.it will keep it from heatsoak.....did on my d200 360 with 70 340 stock intake and(hate to admit)eddy 1406

thanks. car had been put off for a while and im planning on a intake change after new years. was thinking of trying a spacer for temporary help. being the intake is stock and the studs go thru the holes closest to the inside of the carb what spacer do i need? i have seen some but the holes dont line up with my studs thanks.

Dad got one from Edelbrock, cant remember the part #. Same problem with stud holes not mounting up, he drilled them out to make them fit. It wasnt $50 though, Im thinking $30??

............ the intake is stock and the studs go thru the holes closest to the inside of the carb .

Just use the wide one, carefully take a hacksaw and cut from the inside of the ear into the hole to make a "U" shaped opening. Be sure to NOT overtighten the bolts. I always use a 3/8 ratchet, holding it with my hand up next to/ around the head, to limit torque. Just snug them up several times, and a little at a time on each, in a cross pattern.

-
Back