What Radiator, Shroud and electric fan should I use for my 360?

-

67DodgeDart360

Reaction score
What Radiator, Shroud and electric fan should I use for my 360? I have a 67 Dart with a 74 360 Engine. I need left upper inlet and right lower outlet. Check out the set up I have now. It keeps overheating. It’s a tight fit. I posted this already but I still didn’t get a answer on what I should purchase.

Will this work?

Mopar Radiator 22" Cuda Challenger Charger Road Runner RT Superbee 1970-1972 | eBay

B4D76641-20A8-491F-8081-925D7905BD40.jpeg

That little fan is only drawing air through a portion of your radiator and the flow of the fan is probably insufficient as well. A lot of people, including myself, do a dual fan out of a Ford Contour. It has a built in shroud and covers most of the Champion radiator I have. I have it set up where one fan kicks on and a the second kicks on if the temperature gets up around 15 degrees higher. It seems to work well.

why do you want to go with an electric fan?
seems to me mechanical fans are more reliable

I have almost the same setup, 69 cuda with a 75 360. Except I am using a mechanical fan. I have overheating problems at idle I have been working on.

What Radiator, Shroud and electric fan should I use for my 360? I have a 67 Dart with a 74 360 Engine. I need left upper inlet and right lower outlet. Check out the set up I have now. It keeps overheating. It’s a tight fit. I posted this already but I still didn’t get a answer on what I should purchase.

Will this work?

Mopar Radiator 22" Cuda Challenger Charger Road Runner RT Superbee 1970-1972 | eBay

View attachment 1715723170
I was thinking about getting this radiator with shroud and fan. But I’m not sure if it will fit. 1970-1972 Dodge Dart Aluminum 3 Row KR Champion Radiator Fan Shroud Combo | eBay

I have almost the same setup, 69 cuda with a 75 360. Except I am using a mechanical fan. I have overheating problems at idle I have been working on.

do you have a good fan shroud?

I don’t have the space for a mechanical fan

the factory ones had room.

get the right radiator, factory shroud, and low profile clutch fan and you’ll be fine.

a lot of the cheap aluminum radiators have brackets that push the core into the motor.

I don’t have the space for a mechanical fan
This is my duster
71 body, aftermarket radiator, 360 block and I believe a jaguar clutch

I have 3.5 in he's from the nose of the pulley to the radiator, and a fat inch from the front of the fan to the radiator

You don't have 3.5 inches?

20210414_095619.jpg

20210414_095615.jpg

My cold case was a mk750 my car is a manual transmission the kit came with everything you need but you have to order the shroud as a optoin and I ordered the dual fan set up

Will this work?

View attachment 1715723170
I went with the Champion 26" 600hp with their shroud and the 2 Spal Fan upgrade. Car stays cool.

-
Back