what radiator to use?

-
Reaction score
I have a 67 bcuda that i put a 440 in and dont know what to do about a radiator its gonna be a street car but its about 500 hp. Do i use a 26inch radiator? Looking for a aluminum radiator but everything is for small blocks for a bodies! Please help

Ive heard of guys having good luck with them Champion radiators. Has various sizes and cores nice priced too. All over ebay and an ad here every so often.

hi i am useing a 27.5x19 that i got from summit. seesm to be working fine with my 11.1 compression 440 in my 73 dodge dart. here is a pic of it.thanks mopar658-)

Attachments

• 100_0776%20(Large).jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 566
hi i am useing a 27.5x19 that i got from summit. seesm to be working fine with my 11.1 compression 440 in my 73 dodge dart. here is a pic of it.thanks mopar65

hey man what headers did you use? And looks like aluminum heads what are they?

hey mopar65 what heads you got on that?

hi the heads are the indy EZ and the headers are the TTI 2X3-1/2 ones. my best time is in my sig but i only made 4 passes before my 8-3/4 went boom.so i hope the car has more in it. thanks bobby

got another ? for anyone that can answer. I am running the indy ez-1 heads with roller rockers and ive been told that im gonna have a hard time with valve covers fitting because they will hit the heater motor. Anyone know anything about this i want the mopar performance black wrinkle vc's but dont want to order them and they not work

got another ? for anyone that can answer. I am running the indy ez-1 heads with roller rockers and ive been told that im gonna have a hard time with valve covers fitting because they will hit the heater motor. Anyone know anything about this i want the mopar performance black wrinkle vc's but dont want to order them and they not work

hi my 73 dart the heater etc was deleated before i got it. i am not sure but i dont think a big block will even fit with the blower motor and stock valve covers.got any pics of your car? here is another of mine.thanks mopar65:thumbup:

hi my 73 dart the heater etc was deleated before i got it. i am not sure but i dont think a big block will even fit with the blower motor and stock valve covers.got any pics of your car? here is another of mine.thanks mopar65:thumbup:
ok here are the pics

Attachments

• 100_0772 (Large).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 463
  • 100_0771 (Large).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 480
I just had Griffin build me a 26in. alum rad with 2 elec. fans for my '68 Dart. It's the largest that could fit in between the frame rails & the size coupled with the 1 1/2in tubes & a moderate fin-per-inch count, they said it ought to work just fine with a Milodon H.D. water pump & stock pulleys..

so the farther i get into this resto more problems! TTI headers was a pain to get them on and the only way to get them on was grind the steering box down 1/4 inch and drop the steering column out because apparently a column shift car has a collar on the steering shaft that comes out too far and hits the headers dont want to go to a floor shift because its a bench seat in the car.The floor shift cars do not have this collar! Any ideas?

I ran into same problem, took heater motor out and core . Saved about 25 lbs. Other then that you aren't going to fit these covers on . Oh one more thing. I covered the vent hole inside the car with a D/S vent siliconed on. So I don't have air blowing in all the time , worked perfect. Now pass. side has a manuel door like drivers side. Hope this helped ya out.

Ok cool I just ordered the same one today from summit, hoping I will cool my 440 , sounds like a good unit for the price. Thanks!

-
Back