What rockers to use on 308 heads?

-

batoven

Reaction score
Greetings all. My first post here in the tech section so bear with me. I have a 71' Dart Swinger with a Slant in it. Going to be doing a V8 swap with a 1990 360 non-Magnum roller cam motor out of a Ram W250 4x4 truck. Engine has 157k miles, or more on it, and I have it torn down. Its going to need a rebuild (shocking...I know...) My plan for the engine is to keep it stock internals but up the compression with some KB 107's, have the cam reground to a Purple Shaft grind at Oregon Cams, LD 340 or Performer Intake, 750 cfm carb, upgrade the ignition, and redo the heads with some mild porting and gasket match. Should be an easy 325-350 hp with is plenty for me. The engine has the stock 308 heads and my question is will the 273 or early 340 rockers and shafts bolt on with no mods? The current stock shafts/rockers are pretty much shot, so instead of buying an entire new stock OEM shaft/rocker system, which I know will be fine for what I'm looking to do, I have access to the old style rockers/shafts for next to nothing and they are in great shape. Thanks in advance for any advice.

any small block rocker will fit the "308" as they are nothing but a LA head.....

-
Back