what seat for drag car kirkey or poly

-
ok the moral to all this is don't skimp on safety equipment. buy the best you can afford.

I see it all the time by doing some Chassis wrk. guys spend thousands of dollars on a engine and trans to go fast but cry when the have to spend some money on safety gear.

don't be the crash test dummy, you want to go home in the same condition as when you first arrived at the track. I'm sure your families and loved ones would agree.

no I wouldn't want to be in his problem with the fire and I am very sadden that happened to him. I had two fires in my hotrod but no where near as bad as your friends. both times the fire suppression system was set off. the fire one I has a 20lbs bottle and it put out the oil fire but the second one I had a 10lbs bottle and it was no match for the methanol fire. having a stock fire wall in my hotrod is probably one of the reasons the fire didn't get to out of control in the cockpit. which brings up that having a fire system is way more important in my book then what's the seat made of. having said that i'll have one 20lbs bottle or two 10lbs bottles next time out.

If I had a car with a gutted interior it would get a Kirky. The others just don't look as good.

I must say there are some varied opinions about this. I have had plastic. Yes they look ok, they are semi comfortable, and yes they cost less. Are they as safe as a Kirky. NO they are not. For one; the mounting system to the floor is poor, you got to remember that if you wreck the g-force times you body weight it what it has to hold onto. They do burn and melt.. Plastic seats are a cheap part to meet the minimum requirements. My life, my body parts deserve the best I can get. I think I paid bout $129 for mine. Now think about what you pay for health insurance every month. This a cheap insurance policy. So you pays your money and makes your choice, G.B.A..

I have used both.... I liked my 41 Series Kirkey better...
Also.. Get a cover and pad it to fit your handsome self.... :)

-
Back